or Connect

Posts by fecklesstechguy

This makes absolutely no sense from any perspective. The consumer is not advantaged by having poor options or choices - that simply increases the opportunity to buy badly, not get the quality they deserve, and ultimately are worse off than if they had not bought a mediocre device to begin with. Choice by itself is not an adequate criteria for positive consumer behavior. It is demonstrable and documented that too much choice creates confusion (see the 'Paradox of Choice'...
Nice sl@pppy channel TS! Now notice that the percussive protagonist is curiously silent, eshewing ardent Android adulation in the face of actual Apple ascendancy.
Now technically I am violating my own requests to other posters to not rely to troll posts, but I just wanted to say how refreshing your consistency is. While I have ignored you, I have no choice but to see what you have posted when someone replies to it, so I have ample evidence of your consistency. I am very happy that you do not flip-flop, that you are always all about the successful domination of Android (in your mind at least) of the industry, and it's ultimate...
Apple is required to attempt to protect their IP wherever they deem it is being challenged, but they are at the mercy of the ability of their legal team to properly present the case, the judges to properly understand and accept the assertions and make a correct decision. So this isn't wasted money, in that it is part of IP ownership. That being said, I doubt the legal team assumed a complete sweep of legal decisions, and each dismissal and non-infringement decision...
You may correct that they compete in the same market, but its obvious they do not compete at the same level. Much like the decision to buy a feature phone versus a smart phone, yes they both compete in the cellphone market but at two different levels. And your second statement is confusing. First why would you NOT want engaging and interactive content? You are talking about a generation of student whose frame of reference is the internet - which is by definition engaging...
...then you are the one who needs to move on. With engagement a constant challenge in today's classrooms, with teachers struggling to get needed resources, this is huge for them. The relevancy is your problem, not Apple's. And what makes you think your particularly myopic vision of what this means in any way reflects reality? Your whole post post smacks of jaded cynical elitism. So in your line of thinking making clean water avalable for everyone is just going to encourage...
geekdad, if you go back to the article you will see the statement from the researchers:in fact with the introduction of OSX, the incident of virus/trojan impact dropped precipitously compared to the previous MacOS6/7/8/9. Apple used to ship anti-virus software with Macs because there were as many virus vulnerabilities in those earlier OS versions as there were on Windows. And that was with only 1-2% of the PC market. Anyone remember the classic macro-viruses? So as the...
Sequitur misquoted the article. According to a survey done by IDG Connect of enterprise workers who had iPads, 12% of them reported that the iPad has completely replaced their laptop. Other numbers and statistics of interest captured in the article here:http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...r_laptop_.html So you are entirely justified in your scepticism about that 12% being of all enterprise workers since: There are roughly 154.4 million employed in the US. of which 22...
Apple doesn't get to determine classification, but they can break up sales any way they chose, so the point is moot.* Further, the classification in your argument of the iPad as a toy has been categorically refuted at a level that it can only be used by you as deliberately inflammatory. *a moot point - in classical english it refers to an argument open to contention (from the use of a moot or assembly to discuss points of law), in the US, it is used to declare the question...
Behind Hellacool's logic is not some standardized definition - but a personal use case. Which of course varies from individual to individual - and therefore is not a good standard to apply. For example - the keyboard differentiator, cited by Hellacool. I can use my bluetooth keyboard to type on my iPhone and iPad. In fact my iMac sleeps blissfully unaware that those devices have pirated the precious, self-defining keyboard for their own miniscule and nefarious purposes,...