or Connect

Posts by fecklesstechguy

You must be referring to case design. And why should they? Just to tittilate the tech pundits' jaded tastes and demands for something different? Witness the large number of would-be competitors trying to mimic (or in the case of Intel) or use the design as a benchmark. Since Apple has locked up the large majority of the CNC production lines to produce the current casing, there will be a time-life for that contract which will be a threshold for any design changes. Apple...
All Lashinsky did was flesh out a bunch of speculation he published in past Fortune articles. He ran around to a bunch of pundits and former Apple employees (note - not executives for example). Considering its all speculation and largely bottom-up views (which are seldom revealing at the executive level anyway) with which he pads his original thesis, this is designed to coattail on Isaacson's work, and take advantage of the impact of Jobs death. he has fished as many...
Because Soli, aggy is a nay-sayer. Because profits aren't as important to the point trying to be made, which is Apple isn't all that and a bag of chips in aggy's mind, so any statistic that challenges that is dismissed and suitable statistics supporting said viewpoint offered instead. Because only bigger is important, not better, because Detroit sells more cars than Mercedes. And while I could offer a far more impressive stack of both Apple and Dell/HP/Toshiba issues than...
I have an iPad with the required adapters that run on pretty much any reasonably current projector for vga or hdmi. I also have an AppleTV and an Airport Express unit that gives me even greater flexibility - all of which weighs less and takes much less space than the average laptop. I jack in my iPad, remote it from my iPhone, and use the flexibility to walk out into the audience or around the room. My Airport is locked to the MAC addresses of my devices, so I don't get...
It seems that CES has become the place that CEOs come to for delivering nonsensical assessments of things they don't truly understand. Or Tweet Choirs. If Dell is smart they will simply relabel Samsung tabbies and hope like Hades that Win8 is all that and a bag of chips. Their best first plan is leveraging Android, paying Microsoft the requisite licensing fees for Android, and then optimizing the Windows experience. I'll bet they are banking on using Intel's new x86...
Since happpy has finally decided to chime in, it's good to remember that any actual advantage that Apple has (remember, 26% to 43% is a "slight uptick"), will be dismissed out of hand, and that the eventual reign of Android will not be denied! And please those who must respond to this poster, do not "respond" to the posting. It makes ignoring those entries less effective when we are forced to read the inevitable blather that attempts to pass itself off as insightful...
THANK-YOU! I can't wait for those that claim that competition is best spur for innovation to learn the difference between innovation and evolution. The ONLY time competition is a spur to innovation, is in the absence of innovation itself. Innovation is a cultural norm for Apple, which is why it is Apple, time and again that innovates and the rest of industry rushes in to follow. Note also I said "innovate" not invent. Apple has seldom invented anything. But they have...
Gorilla glass is stated to be approximately 6.8 on the Mohs scale which puts it just under quartz (7.0) in terms of hardness. Which means that only items in your pockets harder than 6.8 Mohs could scratch the surface. Keys are normally cut from brass. Brass is only 5.5-6.0 on the Mohs scale. Tool steel (like files, chisels and the like) can be hardened to 7 or higher on the Mohs scale, which would scratch Gorilla glass. I can, and have, run the tip of my house key back and...
It would depend on how they choose to do voice source isolation - if they tie it into a mic on a remote that would allow greater isolation, or it could be isolated via iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch based Siri controls, or simply directional mic - to name a few. You can also do engagement acknowedgement eg: you - "Siri" Siri - "yes?" you - "switch channel to HG network" Siri - "switching channel to HG network". Most current voice system are different than Siri (as anonymouse...
Like any other source, you need to look at the whole picture. Not all sources (and frankly precious few anymore) will report the entire picture. You don't gain pages hits by being truthful, unbiased and objective - the unfortunate reality of blogging, internet ubquity, and lowering the bar on "journalism". Moreover if this analyst has his clients long on APPL, then he is going to (within the actual capacity of the stock and what if any few professional ethical standards...