or Connect

Posts by fecklesstechguy

Sigh - while it is nice having a Samsung shill chime in on the thread, you need to be more specific. And again, innovation is not directly linked to patents, as their rapid reconfiguration of the Galaxy Tab following the announcement of the iPad 2 demonstrates rather nicely. In fact they completely re-worked packaging and everything in order to mimic as closely as they could the iPad 2. You can't argue that, it's in plain evidence. The claims here are not that they do NO...
it points out the interesting chasm between market predictions and market response: predicting $560 and keeping the P/E low only increases pressure - the question is how/when will it "snap"? Is it the 70% shareholders who are managing funds that are doing this in order to weigh more Apple into their portfolios before releasing the P/E to float where it (ostensibly) belongs? Or does the market truly punish innovative companies for not behaving like other more predictable...
are you channelling bettieblue for us today?? The fixation with DED is very amusing, to a point. Fortunately if you actually READ FOR COMPREHENSION you might have discovered this little gem in the article:See - it pays to read carefully before you comment!
If Jony's lab is anything like design labs I've been in at other companies, there are all kinds of prototypes, mock-ups, test products and one-offs laying around being messed with. Given the legendary security around these labs, I question the legitimacy of the anonymous leak. Said security has been remarked upon in other threads herein, so no surprise there. Perhaps someone seeking their 15 minutes of (anonymous) fame.
It is too easy for analysts, pundits and platform fanatics to group things counter-intelligently: > Does it have wheels? It's a car, therefore Trek is being out-sold by Chevy by an order of magnitude - struggling to keep pace with Detroit automakers. > Does it run Android? It's automatically a competitor for iOS, even if it is not the same class of device as those running iOS. Frankly I'm surprised someone like our dear slapppy hasn't cited all the Android...
This is why you get ignored most of the time! Those Micorsoft tabbies you are gloating over - those wouldn't be the massively overweight frankenstein lappies would they? Or are your referring to the currently non-existent Windows 8 slates/tablets that are magical levitating, unicorn-friendly fantasyware? Of course, having not read for comprehension of the article, you utterly failed to capture that fact that this is a patent for a specific implementation of an element of...
... the DOD/DHS "jerks" are far beyond this already, so Apple "sharing" this with them is a rather silly idea. They can do facial recognition from satellite already. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already implemented some form of advanced mobile device facial recognition as a part of advanced augmented reality functions. You are a day late and a dollar short my friend.
There are a finite set of elements that are used to determine facial recognition. The more powerful the processing system, the more variables it can use to determine a facial match as a part of a "security" system. It's not really a security feature* - a point I will touch on further down. Facial recognition depends on certain "geographies" and "geometries" of the face, as well as the resolution and depth of field of the camera used to measure those elements. Among the...
Truly, Neil and Co. need to implement a DigiTimes disclaimer statement (of course this would apply to Shaw Wu and the rest of the marginalized prognosticators) stating that DigiTimes has not yet successfully predicted with any degree of accuracy what Apple is likely to do.
Just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "should". But then the freedom freaks will climb all over this with the usual "you can't stop me from [insert action here] on MY device", and "teh machines, they wantz to be freez", and "we're fightin' the MAN baby! We are your best last defense against corporate greed and monopolies". Which of course is moot at best. To which Apple can respond, "well, you can't access our devices (servers, services, etc) that support...