or Connect

Posts by gordy

Low inventory is never a reason for investors to be alarmed. The only way inventory would alarm investors is if Apple had a huge inventory. Actually, this probably why Apple does not have a huge inventory. Companies have to pay for inventory. Low inventory is a GREAT thing, don't get it twisted. On the flipside, there is a potential issue with backorders being cancelled. However, the fact that the iMac is a hot seller should mitigate that factor. The drop has to...
I compiled this list some time ago. Search with Google for the specific model number. I'm sure you'll find a vendor. Vendor\tModel\tUsually found in: Hitachi\tGD-3000\tPowerMac G4 Hitachi\tGD-7000\tPowerMac G4 LG (GoldStar)\tDRN-8080B\tPowerBook G3 Matsushita\tLF-D110\tPowerMac G4 Matsushita\tLF-D211A\tPowerMac G4 Matsushita\tSR-8174\tPowerBook G3 Matsushita\tSR-8176\tiBook 2001 (DVD-ROM) Matsushita\tSR-8184\tiMac DV Matsushita\tSR-8186\tG4...
I compiled this list some time ago. Search with Google for the specific model number. I'm sure you'll find a vendor. Vendor\tModel\tUsually found in: Hitachi\tGD-3000\tPowerMac G4 Hitachi\tGD-7000\tPowerMac G4 LG (GoldStar)\tDRN-8080B\tPowerBook G3 Matsushita\tLF-D110\tPowerMac G4 Matsushita\tLF-D211A\tPowerMac G4 Matsushita\tSR-8174\tPowerBook G3 Matsushita\tSR-8176\tiBook 2001 (DVD-ROM) Matsushita\tSR-8184\tiMac DV Matsushita\tSR-8186\tG4...
AOL sucks anyway. I am currently in the 45 day trial period (I'm not keeping it), and I am checking my email at aol.com because I hate the app so much.
iMac: 1 KP since 10.1 related to my Rio 600 being disconnected and reconnected in rapid succession. That's it. iBook: 0 KP. 1 freeze related to the modem bug. The cursor stopped moving so I reset. When It started back up the date had reset. That was a hard crash.
Then what is Macslash? I thought that was the Mac-centric version of Slashdot. [ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: gordy ]

Guilty. I love Versiontracker. I read every entry, download some, and post feedback on the ones worthy of it. Versiontracker is a wonderful resource. And I could easily check it 12 time a day, especially when work is slow--like today. Normally I hover around 4-6 visits a day to the Mac OS X page.
The only reason I don't think this will happen is because there doesn't seem to be a free network for video conferencing. Maybe with the adoption of MPEG 4, open networks for video conferencing will pop up. For now, it seems that each video conferencing app has a proprietary network, not available to users using other apps. But I think a iPod-like camera is on the horizon. Maybe it'll plug into the 'ol pod for a HD based video camera solution.
There's also the Kodak DC 4800. Full manual controls, and OS X compatible since 10.0. It also has a PC Sync connector for connecting an external flash. Oh yeah, you can get it for less than $500. 3.34MP. I love mine.
It's easy to use my ZR10 as a webcam. Hell, I just plug it in, start up iSPQ VideoChat or ICUII (any app should work), and the audio/video source is automatically detected. If not, go into the app's audio/video settings and select "Canon DV" as the source for both signals.