or Connect

Posts by gordy

[quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble: [QUOTE]Originally posted by gordy: [QB]I finally bit the bullet, and bought the education version Office v.x for $199 at the Apple Store. Other than honesty, what's to keep me from purchasing the academic version of MS Office from the Apple Store when, in fact, I'm long out of school?
I can't answer that, I'm a student...still.
Depending on the size of your fingers, you may not need to take your iMac apart (a daunting task, at best). If you remove the Airport cover while setting the iMac monitor down on a flat surface, you'll be able to see the purple and green battery in there. I have fairly big hands, but I was able to reach in there and replace the battery. YMMV. Good luck.
In the meantime, I was able to run RealPlayer in Classic last weekend. I'd read somewhere that it dosen't work. Not true.
Entourage, thank God. Mail was driving me crazy!
Well, I did a similar analysis a few months ago and the original 733 G4 with 4 Velocity Engines and the DVD-R/CDRW won hands-down. The iMac is nice, but not for me.
I finally bit the bullet, and bought the education version Office v.x for $199 at the Apple Store. I don't see any feature differences from the full version, other than there's a label stating that you can't use the software for commercial purposes. Anyway, it's great. I was able to transfer all contacts from Address Book, all email from Mail, and it's working perfectly.
[quote]Originally posted by Telomar: Err...you should probably steer clear of the stock market with thoughts like that.
I didn't refer to low production, only low inventory. Production will ramp up, so that's no big deal. A bigger issue would be if there were no buyers for these machines. Low inventory is GOOD. As long as they have sold everything they have, and they know when others are coming in, they'll be fine. My portfolio is...
They are different models, but I'm not sure how much it matters. I read somewhere that there was firmware on the iMac DVD drive specific to the iMac. Therefore, it may not work on the Cube. Matsushita SR-8184 iMac DV Matsushita SR-8186 G4 Cube [ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: gordy ]

Low inventory is never a reason for investors to be alarmed. The only way inventory would alarm investors is if Apple had a huge inventory. Actually, this probably why Apple does not have a huge inventory. Companies have to pay for inventory. Low inventory is a GREAT thing, don't get it twisted. On the flipside, there is a potential issue with backorders being cancelled. However, the fact that the iMac is a hot seller should mitigate that factor. The drop has to...
I compiled this list some time ago. Search with Google for the specific model number. I'm sure you'll find a vendor. Vendor\tModel\tUsually found in: Hitachi\tGD-3000\tPowerMac G4 Hitachi\tGD-7000\tPowerMac G4 LG (GoldStar)\tDRN-8080B\tPowerBook G3 Matsushita\tLF-D110\tPowerMac G4 Matsushita\tLF-D211A\tPowerMac G4 Matsushita\tSR-8174\tPowerBook G3 Matsushita\tSR-8176\tiBook 2001 (DVD-ROM) Matsushita\tSR-8184\tiMac DV Matsushita\tSR-8186\tG4...