or Connect

Posts by gordy

I don't care. I'll never buy another all-in-one not upgradeable Mac. My iMac served my well for about 2.5 years. Now it's being sold because I cannot upgrade the processor to keep up with new software. In the next few years, I can upgrade my G4 if necessary. You have to think long-term. Yeah, they're probably comparable today, but this is an investment, not a beauty contest.
No, this will be the beginning of the insanity. Remember when Kormac was vaguely correct about a product release? I'm still waiting for that PDA that plugs into a tablet PC.
"I'll select door number 2, Bob." Man this is so cool. I am a bit perplexed that the low-end model has no Superdrive, but that's okay. EDIT: The 933MHz model can be had for $2,067.00 with the education discount and using a Radeon card instead of the Dual display Nvidia card. [ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: gordy ]

"I'll select door number 2, Bob." Man this is so cool. I am a bit perplexed that the low-end model has no Superdrive, but that's okay. EDIT: The 933MHz model can be had for $2,067.00 with the education discount and using a Radeon card instead of the Dual display Nvidia card. [ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: gordy ]

No, no digital camcorder. There is nothing Apple can add to enhance that product, e.g, no niche. Now, a cool FireWire webcam MacOSX ready would be nice. Hey, maybe it could plug into iPod and be the first HD based digital camcorder. Now that's a niche.
Isn't AOL's browser still based on Internet Explorer? I'd like to see M$ b!tch slapped, but I just don't think it'll happen.
Ha Ha... I'm selling my DVSE (1999/DVD/400MHz) for $700 US. I believe a new one with better features costs $799.
That's not what I said. I said that Apple does not embrace unproven technologies [alone] anymore. Apple is nonetheless innovative.
Maybe after the G4/Display promotion ends January 31?
I think Apple is out of the "embracing new technology all by ourselves" game. While this seems promising (and cool), I think it will show up in other devices before Apple will consider it.