or Connect

Posts by gordy

Maccentral usually does updates every 3 minutes throughout the keynote, I'll be checking there.
Nah, if that was the case it wouldn't be in the third space after iPhoto and Time magazine. That page is bogus IMHO.
I doubt it's fake. Time is a reputable publication, and Apple did well to have a 6 page article [ad] in Time for the new iMac.
According to the 'questionable' Apple home page ALT tags, the Pro Speakers provide sound.
I don't think the iMac was ever intended to be a show-closer. I think this would be the kick-off to the 2.5 hour presentation. There's still something in the wings, methinks.
Man, that iMac is pretty nice. I might have to sell my old faithful DVSE this year. But I hope that's not it. The iMac was probably the show opener anyway, since everyone expected a flat panel iMac. There's got to be more.
[quote]Originally posted by Macintosh: I beg to differ, the iMac did indeed change the course of history.
I concur. While I agree that some cynicism should be given to this media hype, I think we can all plan on being impressed by what is being announced in 3 days. Apple is a leader in the home computing arena, by my measure, and I'm sure whatever they unfold Monday will be replicated throughout the industry over the next 12...
That was a good one. Had me for about 2 seconds
Well, you guys have finally turned me. I still don't see the non-moving text, nor do I feel that the finger/jog dial evidence is conclusive. But I do not believe we will see Steve Jobs hold this device up on Monday. Apple's designs are always clean and streamlined--e.g. nothing bulges. That dial thingy with the chrome logo sticks out, and just doesn't look like anything "Apple" but the old G4/iBook power adapter. Maybe it's real, but just a prototype?
This sh!t looks real to me. I just downloaded the movies from spymac. I'm sure Fran is somewhere crying right now... EDIT: Now I've looked at all of the movies and I'm convinced, man I can't wait... [ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: gordy ]