or Connect

Posts by gordy

The PowerMate is sweet, but 45 bucks? I bought the FlyLight when it first came out, and haven't used it yet in any practical application. I see they have a Platinum version now. My recommendations would be: Keyspan Digital Media Remote: Though it's getting a little long in the tooth, with that whole translucent ice...
>>>INTERNET<<< web browser - Omniweb / IE5 email - Mail.app / Omniweb ftp - Omniweb / IE html editor - BBEdit Lite telnet/ssh client - ? >>>TEXT/DOCUMENT<<< text editor - TextEdit / BBEdit Lite word processor - AppleWorks / WordPerfect (I can't help myself) document design/publishing - Photoshop Elements / Graphic Convertor PDF viewer - Acrobat Reader / Preview >>>MULTIMEDIA<<< mp3 encoder/ripper - iTunes mp3 player -...
[quote]Originally posted by Fran441: Plus, you have to imagine all of the disks they gave out for FREE at the Apple Retail Stores.
I needed to show proof of purchase before I got an upgrade CD. Nontheless, I wish this 'tip' hadn't received as much attention as it has.
I downloaded MacJanitor from VersionTracker to take care of the daily, weekly, and monthly UNIX maintenance, since my Macs usually sleep when not being used.
A chrome Apple logo? Please say it ain't so...
[It's just awful when a decent topic gets bogged down with unecessary drama...] Back on topic, many have long held that the name 'iPod' implied it's general functionality. I'm waiting for Rev. 2, because I think that it will have better features, and be better suited for future capabilities--whatever they may be. [ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: gordy ]

I installed it last night, with problems. It seems that when I tried to installed in on my startup volume, a file called 'Big System Morsels' would screw up. So, I installed it on my other partition, then started up from there, and installed it on the first partition. Good luck.
Well I think a removable HD is way off-target. I have no need for such a feature. I hope Apple looks at Iomega's Peerless sales (lackluster at best) while considering whether this is a worthwhile feature. But, I won't buy another iMac anyway. Nevermind. ( [Chilling] .02)
It appears that your cousin looks to you to gague how cool his computer is. We all know that a 500-700MHz iMac will take a 10 year old through Middle School easily, so the only issue is how it will be perceived by you. Tell him it's cool and he'll be fine. As far as the pie-in-the-sky iMac that always seems to be right around the corner, I wouldn't think about it too much. Even if something new was announced in January, it wouldn't be in stores until February, and...
[quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg: Expectations based on rumors.
Hmm. It happens every year. Steve should be used to it by now.