or Connect

Posts by Mac.World

There is a difference between having your map data put you in a sub division of houses, and another the takes you to the entrance of the Washington Monument park. That is why Google pinned it there, and because car mode was selected over traneit or walking. Last time I checked, they didn't have a drive through monument. Nice try though sparky.Maps for ios6 is a joke. A pathetic attempt to copy Google. I do love all the buildings melting in LA, when in 3d flyover. I also...
LOL. You Apple apologists are awesome. You accept mediocrity with amazing ease, as long as there is an Apple logo attached.
LOL. The pretty much sums it up right there. You couldn't answer a single one of those points. Any basic computer can do those things I mentioned, which is why the iphone isn't a smartphone. It a dumbphone with a crappy web browser built in. Hell, it took how many years just to get tabbed browsing? How about a simple thing, like 'find on page'? No? Ask yourself what even the most basic of functions are for a computer and you'll see just how woefully inadequate the iphone...
Really?Let's see. Tell me if you can do just one of these things with the iphone. Just 1. Any real smartphone or tablet should be able to do these simple computer tasks.1. Look at your files? Or maybe copy and paste a file from one folder to another?2. Open email and then attach a word document? Or attach a few pics?3. Download a file from the internet, while watching a video? Or hell, any real multitasking?4. Add external memory?5. Read and manipulate the contents of an...
Doubtful. Why would they be envious? They sell more phones. And why would anyone be envious of an outdated phone with an old, stale OS that now letterboxes all 3rd party apps since it can't scale properly, a phone that dents and scratches easily, has pathetic battery life, is severely lacking in hardware, and looks like a stretched turd? I'm not even gonna mention maps, since that is a joke all by itself. And if you live outside the US, well, according to Apple's maps your...
You can't woo away the weak minded sheep, Mr @macnewsjunkie. And the people that stand in line for a phone are the devout followers of Jobs. These brainwashed fools would buy an iToilet if Apple sold one, so no real loss in sales to Samsung or any other handset maker. And realistically, anyone can pre order an iphone. No one has to wait in line. I will be interested to see how sales look for the iphone once orders are done between the US and Europe over the next two...
Pure horseshit and you know it. Siri wasn't allowed on the iPhone 4 for one reason: give people an exclusive option so they had a reason to buy the 4S. Siri works just fine on the 4 and the ipad2. I know, because I had Siri on both. You really believe the 4 couldn't handle a panoramic app developed by Apple? Are you saying 3rd party developers are better at making ios apps than Apple is?And now we get to see additional fragmentation in apps, because if you are a developer...
But I thought Apple wasn't plagued by fragmentation issues?
I'm done with this site. Too many fanboi's jerking each other off and you leading them.
So you have visited 20 different countries? And you are still surrounded by idiots apparently. By the way, I have been to double that amount and lived in several. Doesn't mean a damn thing, but I think it is funny that you do. I do enjoy your bit on programming and tech. I've been in it for over 30 years. Again, means nothing. However, how many NFC devices have you used? Do you realize how many places already accept Paypass? I know you have no clue, because of your...