or Connect

Posts by KazKam

I still don't understand why Apple doesn't open these things up to the App Store and developers, or at least build in 240x240 versions of some of their more practical apps, like calculator and address book. Casio's been doing it since the early 80s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calculator_watch), and those buttons are smaller than they would be on the nano screen. There's actually a lot you can do in 240x240. Some developers are very clever at finding solutions for small...
That was my thought as well. Yes, we all know there's a Kindle reader for iOS, and certain publishers have not conceded to Apple's marketplace for books and mags, but not publishing this through iBooks seems, just... wrong.
Everyone seems to be in a tizzy about the iPhone 4S not being the iPhone 5... but that's just semantics. It's a new iPhone with substantial new features. The real let down of the announcement was this, the iPod touch. And I though last year's touch was disappointing. White? Really? That's what iPt users get? I wouldn't have cared if they made it Zune-brown, just give it a little love. You know, for those of us that would like a capable iOS device in our pocket but aren't...
I didn't say it wasn't a (or possibly the only) reasonable or expected motive of a for-profit company. As a shareholder I want them to be as profitable as possible. I just said it's their reason. However, a little good will can buy a lot of repeat customers.
I concur. As much as I love Apple, they are bastards about excluding legacy hardware when they could just as easily support it. True fanboys will say that's because they want the new feature to run flawlessly and the user experience to be perfect... for some new technologies that may be true, and for some new technologies it's truly a technical limitation the old hardware doesn't support or can't handle. However, in this case and many others, it's for the sole reason to...
On the one hand, this makes sense and digital distribution is definitely the way to go in the long run. However, there are some major caveats with the digital distribution method that really should be addressed before Apple goes this route. First and foremost, it is extremely presumptuous on Apple's part to think that everyone that qualifies for an educational discount has a broadband connection that can reasonably download some of their larger software packages, such as...
No, they won't.Fanboy-ism aside, Steve Jobs was absolutely correct about the 7" form factor... Too big to fit in your pocket, not big enough to accommodate the functionality, usability, and human scale of larger tablets.Apple doesn't make products because that's what others are making. Apple makes products others wish they made.The only reasons 7" tablets exist are 1) constrained supply of larger touch panels (mostly thanks to Apple), and 2) to keep costs down. You'll...
Besides the fact that you are, apparently, on the wrong website's forum, and consequently are consistently wrong; would you please, PLEASE stop saying "echo system"? You did it in this thread, and in another thread several times. It's "ecosystem." "You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means." ~ Inigo Montoya
Sure, but still far, far, far more than eight French newspapers. Regardless of my omission of a qualifier like "a large portion of the" or "the American magazine publishing industry", my point still stands.
So, eight French newspapers think they're going to accomplish in negotiations with Apple what the entire magazine publishing industry has already failed to do? Ooooookaaaaay.