or Connect

Posts by Jonamac

I can see why you might find this pedantic, but AI's copy proofing is ineffably bad. People cut you less slack when you make a habit of writing poor copy.Straw and camels' backs and all that.I think it was a glaring error in the photograph and it should have been explicitly pointed out. That's just good journalism IMO.
Haha! LTE in the iPad3, THAT'S how ridiculous I find this 'rumour' lol
Oh not this again...
Are the CDMA and GSM iPads not the same using a universal chip? I just assumed so, but here in the UK we don't have the two rival systems so I haven't seen this in the wild. Apple worked towards that solution with the iPhone because they wanted simplicity and therefore economy of scale benefits.I agree a US-only LTE model is possible, but I just find it unlikely in the extreme. I'm also not convinced that such a model could be made without adding more than 0.81mm of bulk...
'which measures 8.69mm, according to an image discovered by Apple.pro.' The error is not pointed out. We can see the readout for ourselves in the image and spot the error for ourselves, but the error is not pointed out.
There is a major difference between the global 3G coverage situation in 2008 and the global 4G coverage situation in 2012. There is virtually no LTE coverage in Europe. In 2008, the iPhone lacking 3G was a legitimate if overplayed criticism. 3G coverage was ok, not great back then, but it was rolling out rapidly. LTE is not. The US may be Apple's biggest market, but it's not big enough for them to spoil the usefulness of a product for most of its customers in order to...
Fair enough, but it's not pointed out in the article. If I was using such a terrible source image, I'd make sure to distance myself from the error.
Even with advances in these chips, the fact remains that LTE will draw more power than 3G. That might be worthwhile if 50%+ of customers Apple's main markets could make use of this new technology. They can't. Nowhere near. LTE is simply not available in the vast majority of Apple's markets. I live in the UK and the bands for 4G haven't even been licensed yet. We're years from LTE (doesn't stop the Android 4G phone branding of course!). It's a white elephant in 2012. Power...
It won't have 4G and if you think it will you ought to stop bothering with sites like this because you clearly aren't learning anything. Apple will not ruin the iPad's battery life and compactness by putting a piece of technology in their device that only a tiny, tiny fraction of its customers will be able to make use of during the life-cycle of the product. It's by having that simple focus that Apple has been so successful. I just don't see how anyone can fail to...
With this article I think I will stop reading Apple Insider. The accuracy of its copy is an embarrassment. Having the decimal point in the wrong place makes this iPad3 9.5cm thick. How can this not be noticed by even the briefest of proof reading? It's literally an order of magnitude out. The sheer volume of typographical errors is beyond excuse on here and they just don't seem to care. Such a simple thing that makes them look like complete amateurs. Add to that that...