or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Commodus

None of the rumors claiming this have been credible so far. Not to mention that no 37-inch display to date has had a resolution greater than 1920x1080, so it would actually be a step backwards without a new design. It might also be doubtful that Apple includes a built-in iSight. Many Mac Pro users work in places where a camera would be a security risk. The only way I could see an iSight showing up is if Apple had a particularly low-cost Cinema Display, and even then...
If it wasn't so expensive, carbon fibre would be an excellent fit. It's tough but doesn't deform or crack in the way aluminum or plastic might. And it's very lightweight -- you could easily see the MacBook shed half a pound of weight through that alone.
I actually think that mockup is plausible, though there probably wouldn't be a need for the Apple logo on the inside. The company would probably still be comfortable with the backlit Apple logo on the outside of the lid. Whether Apple can really revamp its line that way is another matter, though. Apple currently likes it its normal/pro dichotomy and would probably want to distinguish its lines a little more conspicuously. I can imagine Apple having a 13-inch/15-inch...
New nano: I love it. I'd get one if I didn't already have a 30GB iPod video and an iPod shuffle. iPhone price slash: I think Apple simply priced the iPhone very pessimistically at first. They weren't sure how well it would take. And if the margins are as good iSuppli said, Apple has a bit of room to breathe. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt when Jobs says they're on track to 1M iPhones by October. iPod touch: I'm not so sure...
Time to get one last prediction in. This, I think, is more realistic: iPod shuffle - 2GB storage - (Product) RED edition plus colour selection rejiggering - still $79 iPod nano (or whatever it's called) - 4GB, 8GB, 16GB models - colors, screens exactly as shown in the leaked photo - $149, $199, $249 (maybe $299 for the last one, if the Creative ZEN is an indicator) Sixth-generation iPod - 40GB and 120GB models - 3.5-inch touchscreen, but with a hold...
Actually, that's not really true! According to Wikipedia (which should be accurate, in this case):"NBC Universal is a media and entertainment company formed in May 2004 by the combination of General Electric's NBC with Vivendi Universal Entertainment, part of the French Media Group, Vivendi SA. GE owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi SA." So they're sister companies in that Vivendi owns a significant stake in both, even if one isn't a majority...
Merlin Mann's Yellow Submarine iPod is real! Or, we could just have the larger-screened nano-alike, a new full-size iPod, and a tweaked shuffle. And more videos in other iTunes areas (starting with the UK, apparently).
Seeing as how the current fifth-gen iPod already as a wide-ish screen, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Short reply to the "it's fake" crowd: Apple's lawyers usually only ask multiple sites to pull down the shots if they're legit. It's not always true that they'll ask if it's real (see the iMac keyboard), but if a C&D notice is sent, you know it's real. The real question is, was this a work-in-progress file or something else that would make it hard to know if what we were seeing was what we would get?
dmbfan: Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 60GB iPod was discontinued in late 2006, when the 80GB model replaced it. Unless you mistyped.
New Posts  All Forums: