or Connect

Posts by Commodus

Actually, Apple has a history of confirming rumors by sending out C&D notices. It's very rare that they send one out for something which isn't legitimate. I'm convinced these are real given that Engadget, Gizmodo, and a few other sites have been asked to take down the shots. That said, I'm not sure if these are final product shots. That it's a PSD may actually be a clue as to why it doesn't look quite right: someone grabbed the raw file (or even took a photo of it at...
I doubt it would be as powerful -- especially not since it might need a low-voltage Core 2 to get strong battery life. Also, don't be surprised if there's no integrated optical drive, unless Apple can make even the VAIO TZ seem thick.
I'd expect a modest update somewhat like the C2D update at the end of last year where it's the architecture and not the clock speed that changes, though I wouldn't be surprised if Apple wanted the same treatment for the MacBook as for the iMac -- even if it's just to make black standard across all models. I think Apple could make some basic dedicated graphics work in the MacBook with a future update. My (very) early guesstimates: Good: 2GHz - 2GHz Core 2 Duo,...
If you're going to wait at all, wait until Leopard. But I wouldn't realistically expect an actual hardware update until early 2008, when mobile Penryn (i.e. 45nm Core 2 Duo) is available.
I've got one. I haven't noticed any dithering effects, so I'd say the colour accuracy is as good as it will be for a glossy display. Very bright (half-brightness is about right in a moderately dark room). The screen area is great, that's for sure. It's much more of what I need when I'm working and just happens to be nice for goofing off!
Liked it so much that I bought once the store was finally back up (two hours after it was supposed to be!). It's a stock 24-inch 2.4GHz model, but I plan to drop in an extra 1GB of RAM later. I'm looking forward to it as my first ever Intel Mac and a definite step up from my 20-inch iMac G5. I write for a living and the 20-inch feels cramped given how many apps are open at once. And since it's a PowerPC Mac, I can't (officially) attach an extra LCD if I want extra...
I don't think Apple can switch to mobile hard drives now. A large part of the Mac mini's problem is that mobile hard drives both reduce the capacity and drive up the price. Apple could have a 320GB desktop drive for the cost they'd pay for a 120GB mobile disk (based on a cursory look at my local shop's rates). I think you may have read "2in" and not "2cm." There aren't any desktop hard drives that would fit in such a small case.while still providing good performance. My...
The MBP has a great keyboard feel, but it's also a tray keyboard. Things can slip in, and I'm not so sure the MBP/PowerBook design would hold up as well on a desktop without a full laptop underneath to support it. My guess is also that the keys are the same relative size as those on the current keyboard, which is pretty small compared to some. If this is the iMac's keyboard, they probably don't have a Bluetooth version yet (the supporting bar with USB ports probably does...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! Many of these companies will literally wait until AI makes a definitive claim before they put out a report.
No Blu-Ray in the iMac until 2008. LG's desktop-sized Blu-Ray combo drive (i.e. can't write Blu-Ray, just read it) will cost $400. Now remember that notebook drives (the kind Apple needs) will typically cost more. It would be too expensive as a BTO option and would probably force a second 24-inch model.