or Connect

Posts by Commodus

Blu-Ray in any Mac? Late 2007 update to the Mac Pro -- unless there's a major delay, I know it's going to happen. iMacs and notebooks? Not until 2008.
Pretty much bang-on, Myst -- I've noticed that TS is echoing a lot of what AI says lately. Though narrowing the release window to August is a bit different than the July/August window AI has posted so far, so maybe they finally got something of an inside track. That said, I suspect AI will probably have more detail relatively soon.
Apple makes both iTunes and Quicktime. You can figure it out from there.
I'm not counting on the iMacs anymore, though I don't think they'll be too long after WWDC (2-3 weeks). An hour and a half may be used to sum up the iPhone, general updates, and Leopard.
I'm calling it. From what I hear, it's virtually certain: - 2.2GHz and 2.4GHz options (yes, Santa Rosa) - LED-backlit displays (15-inch models) - 160GB baseline hard drive (options unknown yet, likely 200GB higher up) No more details yet, but it's reasonable to expect either GeForce 8600M or Radeon HD 2600 graphics. I'd expect pricing to remain the same too.
I suspect they're blowing smoke, because they've obviously never dealt with Apple before. When was the last time Apple ever put up a demo unit before something was technically (if not officially) on sale? They don't give Best Buy a new iPod demo unit a month in advance of when it shows up in an Apple store, and I certainly wouldn't expect a different approach for the iPhone.
If the 20- and 24-inch only story is true, I can already imagine what Apple will be doing: 20-inch: 2GHz - 1GB of RAM - 250GB hard drive - GMA X3100 graphics - possibly no Bluetooth or Apple Remote 20-inch: 2.2GHz - 1GB of RAM - 400GB hard drive - 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 (256MB option) 24-inch: 2.2GHz - 2GB of RAM - 400GB hard drive - 256MB GeForce 8500 GT (256MB GeForce 8600 GT option) I don't even want to speculate on prices, though. Apple can...
Might want to look at Apple.com before you make this kind of post. Unless there's a special one-off addition, I think the MacBook will be stable for awhile.
Here's my inclination for the MacBook Pro update if it's anything more than a CPU bump: 15-inch: 2.2GHz - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 160GB hard drive - 8X Superdrive - 256MB Mobility Radeon HD 2600 - LED-backlit display (possibly higher resolution) 15-inch: 2.4GHz - 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 200GB hard drive (5400 RPM; maybe 250GB) - 8X Superdrive - 512MB Mobility Radeon HD 2600 - LED-backlit display 17-inch: 2.4GHz - 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo - 2GB...
Apple has so far only said it would take photos. It could in theory take video since the CPU is probably fast for a phone, but you may be forced into taking MPEG-4 clips. I can't imagine live H.264 encoding is realistic.