or Connect

Posts by DCQ

Jobs mentioned support for subtitles. Do iTunes movies, rented or otherwise, have this feature now? Can we add these in QT and turn them on/off on the fly on an iPod or iPhone? Does iMovie/iDVD allow you to add these? Thanks.
Does Docs work on this? Or does it work if you go directly to the page via Safari? That would mean having a pretty full-fledged word processor in pocket...and a big incentive for me to get one... ...Just thinking of the possibilities...
How long will it take someone to create an ebook reader for the iPhone/iPod touch once the SDK is available? Download directly from Project Guttenburg and whatever exists for the currect market. Build in links to Audible and Librivox...
Wait a second, I thought Safari was supposed top be a "full" non-crippled browser on the iPhone. Remove Java and Flash from any browser today, and I'd call that crippled. Why no Java? Why no flash? Anyone heard any good reasons for this? Or any rumors on future support?
Yeah... There's a lot of that going around...
How about a universal remote...or at least an extended Front Row/@TV remote. Query: Will Salling Clicker be able to be ported to the iPhone? Beyond that, it's not so much an app, but an abilty I'd like. Say you have a movie or TV show or song (how about that) in your iPhone. I'd like @TV/Front Row/iTunes to be able to see it as a source and stream it. iChat would definitely be a good selling point, since it'd be a nice option to use during Cingular's peak...
Macworld's review didn't note speeds of AIrport disks, but did note that wirelessly pulling data from another Mac connected via the 100Mbit ethernet was clocking in at a real-world 90+ Mbit (and noting that it probably would have been higher if Apple had included gigabit ethernet). So I figure with an Airport disk, going one way, we'd hopefuly see at least that, if not full speed. After all, the theoretical throughput of wireless-n is greater than USB2. When/If I get this...
Cool. Do you have any laptops? Can you take some, or all, of the music with you on the go? Oh, and how does synching iPods work with this set up? Thanks.
Hmm. Didn't know that. Point's the same though: I actually want to use it. I'm not one of those people that has endless reserves of cash. I only buy a computer when I need one. If I really want the faster drive that badly, there are plenty of DIY ways to do it without waiting inordinately long times.
Hey, My family is taking the plunge into wireless; we ordered a MBP and an Airport Extreme (should arrive early next week). My one real worry with the MBP is Hard Drive size. In my current G4 tower, I have 180GB of HDD storage (120 + 60), and it's nearly maxed with files--mostly iTunes content plus about 40 GB of video. Because of shipping delays, I went with Apple's stock 120 GB HDD. Not really enough room... So what I'm wondering is this: Can I load all our iTunes...