or Connect

Posts by orange whip

There was nothing wrong with the size/format of the original iPhone. It was a good balance between functionality and portability - it still works and you can put it in your pocket. It's ridiculous that the whole market has been hijacked by some pubescent fad that says a stoopidly large 'mobile' phone is cool. It's just not good design and as such Apple should not go there.
    inane comment or sarcasm????????     please advise which one?
  Apple doesn't care about investors(broad sweeping generalisation here), but there would be no Apple without a profitable business. And SJ knew this. So Apple sees its fiduciary obligation to its customers and not its investors - to make profit to enable continuation of R+D. Certainly I agree with the second part of your post.   ...it's just 99% true. without investors Apple would never have got past the first Apple to produce the Apple][. Without investors Apple would...
you've obviously never used a high end application...... otherwise you wouldn't make so many uninformed remarks in one post
... no... as melgross said... not really   Apple intentionally limits the product range and slows down the product cycle for a number of reasons (read the Steve Jobs book... its states it plainly0   - to coincide with seasonal consumer trends - they only change something when they have something better to replace it - the Mac Pro is great design - what competing product would you suggest is anywhere close to the Mac Pro.... hmm, I thought so.... - to simply tell the story...
Wow, I do the same thing with my TV. Most content is utter crap anyway. I agree with your second point too.
in the Antipodes we call it a mobile or mobile phone, which does sound somewhat more logical than a cell phone... why 'cell phone' ...anyone?? (an ignorant Antipodean)
when Apple came out with the iPod everyone said it was lame.... 'who'd want another mp3 player' if Apple comes out with a 32" TV it will more than likely be a success because it will change the way we view TV and therefore it will not need to be 60". Why does the average person need a 60" TV anyway?? (real question not rhetorical...)
no it's not you can squeeze more than enough pixels into that size
well yes... but they (MSFT shareholders) do get a dividend. What would be interesting would be to do a return on investment for both AAPL and MSFT. The problem is what time scale to choose.