or Connect

Posts by orange whip

It was my pleasure...
if you are a 'Pro' user buying this 'Pro' machine for production use then over the 3+ years productive use.... the initial cost is [largely] irrelevant. if you are buying one of these machines then you are doing serious work for a particular skill that you have considerable experience in for which people are willing to pay commensurate sums of money for the services you and your Mac Pro can deliver. if you are not a 'Pro' user and you want one ... well that's entirely up...
I think this is great news for every one except Microsoft. It's great for consumers as it 'should' spur real competition. HP will produce their own 'iPad' and with luck it will be very good. Apple's iPad and eco system will be better. But the important thing is that it pushes real innovation and competitiveness. It also further dilutes the perception people have that Microsoft is the only platform option. It's game over for Microsoft in the consumer market - they have been...
thanks for the suggestion HappyPappy... Pixelmator is great value. For $59 I get something that is intuitive, nice to work with, has 95% of what I need. It is a little unstable but for that price I will live with that. Given that Pixelmator has only been around for 3 years and it is only up to version 1.5 it has a promising future.
not hatered... it is a piece of shite. The problem is Adobe has no real competitors and whilst a program like photoshop may be the best in it's class, it works like software from the 1990's. Adobe are lazy because there is no one pushing them
They are always presented with a line-out. The presentation is mission critical... so risk minimisation is key.
following that line of argument why didn't ADC catch on? was it a licensing issue or just a mine is better than yours attitude in the market? I suppose it must take a lot of effort for any technology to gain enough traction that it can be regarded as a standard.
better still why not post only, say, once every ten times rather than 'squeaking' at every opportunity in a typically inane and inflammatory manner. perhaps reading up may make this happen... good idea Melgross (not having a go at you here by the way....)
I'm not sure how it could be read any other way. The numbers show a 60% decline in value per share for Macs. There are only two possible inferences from that: 1- either he believes there will be a 60% decline in Mac sales 2 - or, he believes that Apple will somehow give the perception that Macs are worth 60% less to stockholders. I don't believe either, and would add the $29 back on top of the $235 to get a more realistic prediction. Am very please to see, for once, that...
Originally Posted by orange whip It is the culture, ethos and management at Apple that allows great things to happen. that is the fundamental reason. not one man - Steve Jobs. If steve Jobs were not at the helm Apple would continue to be brilliant until that culture, ethos and management evaporated. Actually you are saying exactly what I am saying. And I agree with you except that I believe a post Jobs Apple will not be as flimsy (reading between your lines) as you...