or Connect

Posts by orange whip

It would be fair to say that the direction of Apple changed under different stewardship. But the world was a different company back then and Apple was an immature company. There is now focus, integrated systems, experience, aggrandizement (Apple projects well beyond its market share now). So I would argue that Apple without Jobs does not automatically become "failure, confusion, laziness, no vision or plan". I agree that without Jobs things will not be the same in...
yes steve is responsible for the ethos..... I said that. no steve does not create the market penetration. He does not personally staff retail centers and so on. It is Apple's staff that does that with Steve overseeing. Steve is brilliant but it takes more than one person.
actually you "respectfully" agree with me that "The guy in charge sets the tone of the company and that's Steve Jobs. One of the elements is he has been able to corral the 'nerds''. it's the same with Ive. He does not design everything. He has a huge team around him. I actually know what I am talking about here as a designer. It is never a one man show.
Apple has approximately 35000 employees. If Apple is a one band man, where Steve decides everything, they why bother employing 35000 employees? Yes he is a guiding force but that is what my post is arguing. Without its culture, ethos and management Apple is nothing. Steve Jobs did not design the glass cube that sits on 5th Ave. He owns it. Which is more remarkable, the fact that he owns it or its aesthetic and dramatic qualities. Yes Steve scrutinised the design but is...
Steve jobs is not omnipotent. Steve jobs does not decide everything at Apple Steve jobs is brilliant but there are also brilliant people at Microsoft (God only knows why they are there...) That in itself does not make a brilliant company. It is the culture, ethos and management at Apple that allows great things to happen. that is the fundamental reason. not one man - Steve Jobs. If steve Jobs were not at the helm Apple would continue to be brilliant until...
hmmm,,,, the banner is a direct link to a point of sale. The banner placement was a very deliberate strategy to generate sales by Apple's iTune store. The gesture was to make money... end of story. Apple is not a charity and whilst it has social obligations...as in it operates within the context of a society... it (the itunes store) is not the forum for tribute making. Of course there will be general interest in acquiring his music on his passing. Why not make a direct...
why is it that every news item, blog, web site, discussion, whatever... about market share, leaves you clueless. NO ONE EVER PROPERLY QUALIFIES WHAT THE HELL IT IS THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT what is the point if statistics are not qualified? Market share of WHAT???? - for what period - for what location -for which demographic exactly, global and US market share are not the same thing.... what are we talking about here?????? anyone?
Let's see the insides first before we talk about good design. I assume Dell copied Ive's design principles with the internal layout. Mind you, you still have to be a very good designer to pull of something comparable with Apple internals. I am expecting a shit fight inside that dell. Perhaps there will be magnitic coverplates to cover other crap
I do agree that a stylus would be great for drawing and the like, but I'm sure that Apple will focus on the simple message of fingers only. Bit like the persistence with the one mouse button message... frustrating for some but an effective marketing ploy. ...oh yeah..... there will be no optical drive in this device.... it's dead
I am not a network administrator. I really no nothing about it and nor should I. I am meant to fit into Apple's domain. And this is the core reason I urged my practice to adopt OSX as a server. It is just meant to work. We waited, not wanting to be early adopters and jumped onboard with 10.5.2. (well actually 10.5.1 but there was a suggestion that 10.5.2 was imminent). The first Issue we had was getting our Leopard clients DNS working (10.4 clients had no issue). We ended...