or Connect

Posts by orange whip

....likewise... I cannot believe how sloppy 10.5 server is how the hell can they foist that piece of crap upon us?????? It is simply not ready for for sale. If you have to fix a permission everytime you make a folder or file or when ever a SMB client tries to connect AFP dies in the arse then there are serious issues with it. Apple must have know about these issues yet they falsely advertise it on their web site as being windows and mac friendly and so simple to set up...
with any luck 10.5.3 will also elevate 10.5 server from the status of crapware to software. the issue with OSX 10.5 server at the moment is that it fails to perform its basic function which is to serve files in a cross platform environment. Therefore they cannot call it a server........
sorry.... but not a chance. I always find it odd when people say Sony produces great industrial design.....it's crap. I can't think on any CE or computer product that remotely approaches Apple's industrial design capabilities, or for that matter any other design ability they have. In fact there are virtually no other products in the work that share Apple's approach to design. Lego as a product approaches but is certainly not on the same level. Any Dell will always have a...
...and that's a good thing because?? surely it is better to have competition in the marketplace otherwise intel will become lazy. it is the same with Apple. It needs stong competitiion in order to drive quality and innovation.
I think you should re-read my two posts above yours. The two can be inextricably linked. The whole 'green' thing is not hippy shit. It is kind of funny that all those greenies ended up be right all along. In any case why should any company operate in my backyard with out bearing the cost for its use? This has nothing to do with utopian bullshit, it is simply a constraint that we simple cannot ignor.
Here's another example of where a company doing the right thing actually saves money. There is an arguement that waste is actually a product that is produced. To produce something costs money. If you can reduce waste, which can't be monetized, then you improve your bottom line. And is that not an obligation of any publically listed company.
SpamSandwich, with all due repect are you teleporting from last century?? (please excese me there not really having a go at you... )Don't you think that any company has an obligation to the context they operate in, which includes environment, society etc. As in, we don't generally accept companies exploiting children or allowing workers of operate in manifestly unsafe environments. So why should we alllow companies to exploit the environment in which we all share and...
....not sure about this, but wasn't the iSight also removed because of contaminants? Also, as for how much Apple should or shouldn't do, I firmly believe they should be worlds best practice when it comes to environmentallt sustainable design. Sustainable design is simply a constraint just as budget, functionality, ease of use and so on are. Apple rigorously pursues excellence in all areas except in the area of environmental considerations. Apple are brilliant designers...
"Apple is now ranked at number 121 through a spike in its revenue to $19.3 billion over the course of 2006" This is not a spike.... a spike is a pointy thing. When we see a dramatic downturn to $6B annual revenue then we will call the previous event a spike, At the moment it is growth.
The herd mentality of investors is to sell shares just following announcements as they believe the the 'drought' of news that follows an earnings anouncement is all doom and gloom (a self fulfilling FUD atmosphere). The herd tends to buy shares when they are up and sell when they are down. Make sense?... not to me either..... Smart investors buy when the shares are down and sell when they are up..... and that is how you make money.It is a contrarian position as it is...