or Connect

Posts by orange whip

you buggaI'll take 13!!
sorry... It looks as though MS are simply mimicking the general form factor of the iPod so that there is an association to the iPod, and that equals quality, ease of function etc. They then differentiate the device to give it a percieved edge regardless of whether that differentiation is usefull or not. Then they flog the thing for less than cost and make it look like its a genuine hit Then the masses buy them like sheep (But this may take many years and lots of M$)
tenth post!!!! ten times cooler than noo-mer-o uno
Agreed, but is there no obligation for companies like Apple to conduct there business ethically (And I am in not way suggesting that a Company like Apple is generally unethical)? For example Nokia is listed on ethical managed funds so therefore must act ethically.
Absolutely...
This is starting to get off the track, but... Apparently in the good ol USA the average middle to upper income earner works 2400 hours per year. That is hard work! Yet the same Dutch employee enjoys the same standard of living yet only works 1600 hours per year. Where do you want to be? (I suspect that the average lowly paid chinese worker works a 2400 hour year for a much lower standard of living)
Im not from America, I'm actually a lot closer to Asia than that. I have been involve in a number of large construction projects in China. I do read a lot and are far more critical what is put infrom of me than the average schmo. I cannot stand tourist attractions of westernised hotels when visiting another country. As for China there is a huge migration from subsistance living in rural areas to urbanisation. Yes these people need jobs and in many cases these people are...
Typcal arrogant attitude.. When you are indentured in employment with a wage that makes it almost makes it impossible to leave, then that is akin to slave labour. Can these workers engage in interstaff relationships when they must live on site? In many caases no. Is the accomodation free? No, rent is deducted from already meager wages. Do they have any free time? Nup, any any free time is taken up by drills (call it exercise if you want). Would you or I enjoy it if we had...
I think it got to a high of about $90.60 prior to the split(17th Feb2005). This means that anything more than $45.30 is in positive teritory. It all adds to a shiny halo...
I essetially agree with what you are saying except with Apple's purchacing power. Are you saying that a 3rd party vendor can, essenially, sell it(say ram) for less than the cost to Apple to incorporate it into their hardware? I just think Apple puts the biggest margin on all products it thinks the market can manage. With smaller items such as ram the margin as a % is considerably higher. But when those elements are all combined into, say, a computer then a smaller margin...