or Connect

Posts by X704

A few months ago the xlr8yourmac.com forums disappeared and I cannot find any reference to why they disappeared. By chance does anyone here have any idea what happened? Did the database finally implode or what? I wrote Mike (the operator of the site) but did recieve a response. Just curious if anyone knows ...
Personally I'd say a HD would be idea due to storage capacity and transfer speeds. That said I wouldn't rule out DVD's or Tapes either. It really depends on your budget. Obviously you'd want make sure that it has a widescreen picture mode and preferably HD capture. There are many other features that you should be concerned with like how it shoots in dim or dark light conditions, etc. There are many great websites that givve comprehensive reviews of video cameras and...
I think (hope?) there could be a split in the Mac Mini line. The mac mini occupying the ultra low end, and a supped up mac mini/media center. Mac Mini $499 Solo core, 256MB, integrated video 32MB, current small footprint & 2.5" HD. 2USB + 1 Firewire Super Mini/Media Center $749 Dual core, Larger form factor, 512MB (2 ram slots), 3.5" Hard drive, 128MB mid level video chip. 4USB(2 in front) + 1 Firewire
[quote]Originally posted by Aquatic: Plus FireWire 2 and TCP/IP over FireWire bring new possibilities...
Indeed that is interesting. With FW2 it'd be near 1000 BT speeds which would matter more for iMacs I suppose but may also be good for some PM users who want to network to some close macs & use their ethernet port for something like a cable modem without the use of a hub. Outside of this though FW2 has little point until we get a...
[quote]Originally posted by Aquatic: Plus FireWire 2 and TCP/IP over FireWire bring new possibilities...
Indeed that is interesting. With FW2 it'd be near 1000 BT speeds which would matter more for iMacs I suppose but may also be good for some PM users who want to network to some close macs & use their ethernet port for something like a cable modem without the use of a hub. Outside of this though FW2 has little point until we get a...
My Wife played Civ 3 a bit. [ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: X704 ]

Yes, we need Unreal 2003, personally, I really want it for DX 2. I must play it ... if not my only hope is that it'll be ported to the NGC.
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene: Terrible idea. People who are going somewhere...what are they going to do, put the computer on lay-away? People who are coming...either they are visitors or they live here already. Either way they don't hang out at airports. What are you going to do, buy a new computer and fly it home?
Actually you might be suprised. The Christmass season before last I worked in the CompUSA store on 5th Ave (NYC)...
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene: Terrible idea. People who are going somewhere...what are they going to do, put the computer on lay-away? People who are coming...either they are visitors or they live here already. Either way they don't hang out at airports. What are you going to do, buy a new computer and fly it home?
Actually you might be suprised. The Christmass season before last I worked in the CompUSA store on 5th Ave (NYC)...
With the latest VPC update you can set it's priority in the preferences (or was it my settings?). Anyway I assume this just a GUI for the renice command.