or Connect

Posts by wakefinance

I have seen Lollipop, but I haven't gotten to use it myself since it's not available for consumers for a few more weeks (I don't have a Nexus 5 or a 2013 Nexus 7 to test the preview builds). Lollipop is a huge update in the same way that iOS 7 was.  It's redesigned from top to bottom, as you mentioned, but also has a multitude of low-level changes.  You can read the basic overview of changes here http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/ in case you haven't yet.  A...
I'm at work now but I'll respond to this later. For now I'll just say that the OS has been revamped at low levels and includes a new runtime. But those must surely be the stylistic changes you've referred to...
You're talking about integration rather than the structure and operation of the UI itself. But regardless, Android already had similar functionality before Apple put catchy names on cloud syncing. Gmail drafts, Google Docs in progress, open tabs in Chrome, IM conversations, Drive storage, music playlists (though not the current track), and notifications for some apps (when using Chrome as your desktop browser) have been synced via the cloud for anywhere between months...
You seem to be, but I'm not able to read your mind. Maybe you're just nervous about the software that they bring in tow. Lollipop appears to be poised to finally put Android on equal footing with iOS as far as polish goes. Considering the fact that a large number of iOS users attribute their choice to use iPhones to the polish and predictable performance of the software, I would imagine you might be nervous that iOS's one untouchable distinction might vanish. Thus,...
I already think it provides a better user experience thanks to the structure of the OS, but no 4.x build is as polished as iOS. I think 5.0 will match the polish of iOS and widen the gap in the sensibility and usefulness that Android already holds over iOS.
DED must be nervous about the new Nexus line considering all the benchmarking articles he's been writing! It's interesting how benchmarks are suddenly very important. Don't worry DED. The iPad will outsell the Nexus handily even if Lollipop provides a better user experience.
 Let them have their moment in the sun!
That was the subject of the entire article...
DED for once I commend you. Not only did you not insinuate that the performance of the Shield was equivalent to that of the Nexus 9 but you even threw in some early benchmarks from it.
 I'd take that bet.  Lollipop will be much better optimized than Kit Kat, so the Nexus 6 will perform better than any other equivalently specced device.  Will it be able to compensate entirely for the 2K screen?  Probably not.  But you're lying by acting like it won't make a difference.  Your journalism reeks of desperation.