or Connect

Posts by wakefinance

The growth Apple experienced in the past is unsustainable without the introduction of products in new categories.  I'm sure that once the watch or the TV comes out, Apple will be the darling of investors it used to be.  As it stands now, Apple's stock is going to be stagnant because the company seems to be slowing its pace.   Just as a quick tutorial in stock pricing (for which there is really no accurate model), the current price is supposed to represent the present...
 You want Apple to be bought out?!  Or did you forget the /s?
I'm not sure we have enough crow to go around!
1. Samsung is quite profitable and has models in the lowest price brackets. Like Apple would have to do, Samsung uses the margins on high end devices to cover the reduced margins on low end devices.2. There would be clear differentiation in the hardware that would basically eliminate cross shopping. Touch ID, the high end camera, the metal body, the coprocessor, and maybe more would be cut to each the lower price point. The software and user experience of the high end...
 This is absolutely the wrong outlook for Apple.  I agree that Apple shouldn't compete at the very lowest levels, but there is an enormous gap below the 5C that they need to fill.  A high-quality $250 phone is not out of Apple's reach.  Such a phone wouldn't matter so much in America, the land of carrier subsidies, as it would overseas in developing markets. Edit: I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Moto G is a device that should be striking fear into the...
 Yes.
 I don't want the touchscreen to replace the trackpad.  I want to have both because sometimes it's more intuitive to reach out and "touch" the image on screen.
I am very glad that they have no intention of merging iOS and OSX, but I would really like to see a Mac with a touchscreen at some point.  OSX isn't ready yet unfortunately.
   Yes, I know the divisions performed differently, but this article was about Samsung's company-wide earnings.  Those company-wide earnings didn't decrease based on a decrease in revenue; instead they decreased based on an increase in expenses.
 So, just to be clear, you don't disagree with me?  Samsung's earnings didn't decrease because of a decrease in sales?  Good, I'm glad we're on the same page.