or Connect

Posts by wakefinance

Patent attorneys don't lead acquisitions.  Merger and acquisition teams do, along with help from investment banks and restructuring lawyers.   Also  
 You're pretty far off. 
That's what I was going to post. Google Now is the preemptive data service.
 I don't understand why giving instructions to your phone is any different than having a phone call.  You're talking into the mic in both use cases.  Speakerphone conversations are especially analogous (but I think speakerphone calls in public are obnoxious).  You'll warm up to it eventually. As far as anyone being able to command your system, I don't think that would be allowed.  The Moto X "takes a fingerprint" of your voice so that only you can give it commands.  The...
 I think he's talking about Google gaining pull with Verizon mostly (correct me if I'm wrong Gatorguy).  Verizon and Sprint have held back updates even for Nexus devices, yet here Motorola got the update out to the Moto X on most carriers before even the Nexus 4 was upgraded.  My suspicion is that Verizon fast-tracked the update since their Droid line runs the exact same software as the Moto X.  By using the same software on its flagship as it gives to Verizon's...
Now this is a patent worthy of granting.  This is a brilliant way to use facial recognition, and nothing like it has been done before.
I would buy one immediately.
 I can't find a camera that switches out lenses like this so it might be more "novel" than I thought.
 Isn't that what auto-focus does?  Sure it's adjusting lenses fore and aft as opposed to up and down, but it's still a software-controlled physical movement of camera optics within a sealed camera system.
This is not on ground as shaky as a lot of software patents Apple applies for, but it still seems like something not worthy of a patent due to obviousness. Here Apple has attached an existing technology to a basic mechanism for movement. It would be the same if I invented frosted glass window panes and then someone came behind me and patented a door with a frosted glass window. It's different because it's in a door! Edit: To be clear, I am very excited that Apple is...