or Connect

Posts by wakefinance

Your post is barely coherent, but let me try to respond.  Apple's ecosystem is valuable.  It allows Apple to charge a premium for its devices.  My point is that the premium they are charging relative to the competition is too much.  I think the original price of the mini was a sufficient premium for the Retina mini.  That price is a 44% premium over the Nexus 7.  That sounds like a much more "reasonable" premium for Apple to charge.
$399 for the Retina mini is way too high.  This model should have started at the price of the old mini while the old mini dropped further.  It's nice that they included the A7, but I really think this model is priced too far above its competition.  The Retina mini costs 74% more than a Nexus 7.  How is that a compelling price?
I love you Apple! I can't wait to get home to upgrade.
No I'm just as enlightened as before. The assets in other operating systems are designed for ultra high resolution displays.
 I don't know about you, but to me the difference between a display like that on the iPhone and one like that on the HTC One is night and day.  You can pick out a pixel if you look for it on the iPhone, but not on the One.  It's even noticeable when you look at them at a normal distance.  The One's display looks smoother even if you can't say that you see an individual pixel.  You'll discover the difference when the iPhone gets upgraded to a higher resolution.
 Please enlighten me as to how you can take advantage of a display in any way except to display things on it.
 What?  Other mobile operating systems are running regularly at pixel densities and absolute resolutions that far exceed the Retina displays in the iPhone and iPad. Unless you mean the first and only mobile OS to be designed for a 640x960 display, then I have no qualms.
I cannot wait for the new MBP!!  I will buy one in the next 6 months regardless of whether the upgrade is significant or simply incremental.
 http://www.pcworld.com/article/2013751/why-cant-32-bit-windows-access-4gb-of-ram.html A 32-bit system can't "talk to" more than 4GB of RAM.  32 bits can only make a little more than 4,000,000,000 different combinations of  numbers.  Locations in RAM have addresses, so 32-bit systems can access a little more than 4,000,000,000 addresses.  In order to address more than 4GB of RAM, you have to move to 64-bit processors.
You never stated that Apple was 100% secure, but neither did derekmorr state that any virus scanner was 100% reliable. Your straw man begot the second straw man.That aside, the 0.001% success rate of malware installation on Android is only one part of the security landscape. This tells you that Google's Play Services scanner is doing a decent job blocking malicious apps. And Play Services are independent of Android version, so it protects even the sad folks stuck on...