or Connect

Posts by wakefinance

It's not just Chrome. The full list of Google apps updated through the Play Store is Gmail, Google+, Google Search, Maps, YouTube, Google Text-to-Speech, Street View, Chrome, Hangouts, Play Books, Play Newsstand, Play Games, Play Music, Play Movies & TV, Voice Search, Google Drive, Google Earth, Quickoffice, Google Translate, Google Keep, SoundSearch, TalkBack Accessibility, Cloud Print, Google Wallet, Google Voice, Google Keyboard, Google Offers, and many other niche apps.
I'll refer you to my post above where I explain why they're equivalent. Care to provide evidence to refute it?
No, KitKat was a major release that had an extensive changelog https://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html .And yes, iOS 7 adoption was faster. Currently, though, it is not growing faster according to basic math.
 I don't know what to say.  It is equivalent.  Apple adds new features and updates some parts of the system on integer updates while Google does those things to Android on point updates.  On Android, integer updates seem to come only with major overhauls of the system and/or major UI overhauls; I've never seen it defined explicitly. Apple seems to use point updates for bug fixing or small tweaks while point-point updates are used for critical bugs that need to be patched...
Actually percent change is the only way to compare growth rates. In other words you misused the word faster in your comparison of the growth. KitKat is changing more rapidly but controlling less market share. iOS 7 is adding more market share but changing more slowly.
In Android's version numbering system, a point update is equivalent to an entire integer update on iOS.
It's interesting to me how different authors spin the same data.  In this article http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/01/android-platform-distribution-numbers-updated-kitkat-more-than-doubles-to-5-3-gingerbread-continues-its-slow-decline/ the change in KitKat's penetration was highlighted as more than doubling over the last month.   By that reasoning, KitKat grew by 112%  in one month while iOS 7 grew by 6% over the last two months.
 That has regularly been said about the Android distribution data, so I imagine he's simply applying the argument to Apple.
Whether you define it simply by a number or you regurgitate the marketing line, a spec is a spec, and it is important in selling a phone. Apple bumps the specs of the iPhone annually because the competition does the same. Apple can't be left behind in that regard. This fall when Apple releases the A8 in a new phone it won't be because the A7 is insufficient in its own right; the A7 is an incredibly capable chip. Rather the A8 will be used because Apple's competitors will...
The most amazing thing that this chart shows is that in less than a week, the new HTC One captured second place in Verizon sales.  I really hope that means HTC won't be on its way out anytime soon.  Samsung needs some strong competition in the Android space.