or Connect

Posts by wakefinance

That is the definition of an anecdote.
Yeah there are a lot of low end phones sold. Let's say half of all Android phones sold are low end. That still means that there are twice as many mid to high end Android phones sold as iPhones, and that would mean there would be twice as many large-screened Android phones as iPhones.I doubt anyone shopping for a low end phone is also in the market for a tablet, so let's assume the market of tablet buyers consists of iPhone users and mid to high end Android users. Based...
 No that's not true.  Profitability has nothing to do with what type of phones are being sold.  Device margins, on the other hand, could provide that insight.  I don't know where you saw what size of screens are using the web. DED recently wrote an article that said that the S4 and Note combined to sell 2/3 of the amount of iPhones Apple sold.  All the other brands' flagship phones are 4.7" and above, and the midrange phones are generally 4.5" and above.  It's not...
Here's my take on it.  I'm going to assume these numbers are more or less right (yes, I know the iPad number is slightly off) because I don't have evidence to the contrary.  I think the reason you might see more iPads in public is twofold:   1.  There is not a compelling reason to buy a large Android tablet.  The app ecosystem isn't complete yet like it is on the iPad.  The only Android tablets that currently make sense are in the 7" to 8" class. 2.  Since Android users...
No doubt Apple's figure exceeds Google's, but when the article is about acquisitions and pulls evidence from financial statements, I expect “acquisitions” to be used in the financial sense of mergers and acquisitions.
 Thanks, I was going to chime in about his miscategorization of the expenses.
  The thing that sets apart Google Now is that it is predictive.  It surfaces information before you search for it. From my personal experience, these are the things it has done for me: 1.  When I searched tonight for a club's webpage to see who was going to DJ, Google Now had a card ready that provided me with travel time and a single click to get navigation.  I didn't search for this club in Google Maps. 2.  Based on my search patterns, Google Now has brought up cards...
 You're right, you didn't make those claims, and I didn't claim you made those claims.  That's why I wrote questions, questions you could answer to clarify your position.  And then I answered a series of my own questions to lay out the conditions surrounding Samsung's placement of a fingerprint scanner in the S5.  And then I explained what I believe to be the limits of the copying argument. Samsung didn't become inspired to add a fingerprint sensor to the S5 after Apple...
 So was Apple copying the Atrix?  Is Samsung copying the Atrix?  Was the Atrix copying the laptops with fingerprint sensors?  Were laptops with fingerprint sensors copying institutional security systems? Did Samsung put the fingerprint sensor in a phone this year because Apple put on in the 5s?  Yes.  Did Samsung only realize they could put a fingerprint sensor in their phone because the iPhone has one?  No.  Did Samsung consider using a fingerprint sensor in their phone...
 Sorry, maybe you didn't see my second post.  I'm talking about software features. Also, we've been over the fingerprint sensor a hundred times since the rumor mill started about Samsung adding one.  Apple wasn't the first with a fingerprint sensor on a phone, so I don't consider fair to say Samsung copied Apple in this way.