or Connect

Posts by milkmage

it's not a single submit causing the problem.   user1 hits instance1 and is issued code1 user2 hits instance2 and is issued code1 (again)    because the arrival rate of new requests happens faster than instance1 can tell instance2 that the number has been issued.   it's a race condition.   probably only happens for 1 of a 1000 requests.
"Beyond the Kindle Fire, Amazon also reportedly plans to release a new 6-inch e-ink-based Kindle reader with an integrated backlight in the third quarter of 2012 at the earliest."   ...and I buy this on day one.
  then what about your comment doesn't apply here? if you decide to DONATE to a content provider..  "App Store guideline 21.2 states: The collection of donations must be done via a web site in Safari or an SMS"   what I'd like to know is how the user is supposed to authenticate to flattr. let's say i have 10 apps that have that button. I have to login in each app? sorry. not me. in a webpage, your credentials can be stored in a cookie, so you auth once and the buttons...
  it's not a matter of legality.. it's the DEFINITION of class action.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action In law, a class action, a class suit, or a representative action is a form of lawsuit in which a large group of people collectively bring a claim to court and/or in which a class of defendants is being sued. it's NOT class action, again, by DEFINITION, if you don't have a group.
  really? I've filed several bugs (real, legit bugs) on behalf of my company and I only got this form letter for a known bug. The one I filed when we were the first report was a different form letter.   they do send form letters, but a human must review them before they decide which one to send. 
"no suitable manufacturing infrastructure yet to take full advantage of this alloy technology."   there was no manufacturing infrastructure to make the large seamless panes of glass for the NYC store either.... until apple paid for the tooling to build it (and most likely got exclusive rights to the factory output to build the new campus which also uses huge panes of glass too).   While Corning had the formula for Gorilla Glass.. they weren't making it until Jobs...
" I hope the judge throws this out of court" FTA: "Judge Richard Posner has issued an order upholding some of" He just issued a ruling.. the EXACT opposite of throwing it out of court. The judge found merit in Apple's argument. A case gets thrown out when neither side's arguments hold merit. "no reason for Apple to retaliate other then pride" this is a patent suit - there are VERY LARGE SUMS OF MONEY AT STAKE. this is what can happen when a patent holder is on the winning...
if I owned the FRAND patent on the blue thing, people pay me for using it... Apple's proposing a red thing. Who's going to pay me for the blue thing if everyone has switched to red and Apple licenses red for free. and it's not like "nobody wants it" - "Apple has the support of "most of the European operators", according to the FT."
I have around 150 apps on my phone. a menu with one third of that looks like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 the same can be accomplished in 2 5x5 grids of 25 each.
I don't mind the new UI. If there are apps coming, the old pulldown menus would be really bad (REALLY BAD) the new look lends itself to apps. remember.. 5 years ago, there was no app store... now iOS, and MacOS have a smilar layout - pretty sure Jobs approved the phone, ipad and Launch Pad. this supports the rumors that some kind of Apple TV (set?) was at least being considered http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...pple-tv-298300