or Connect

Posts by milkmage

..or it's devs who need the hardware to test on.
... there's no monthly. there's no contract for 3g, it's essentially pay as you go.. or pre-pay. $15 for 250MB, $30 for unlimited /per month. you can enable/disable right from the device.http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/ "In the United States, 3G service is available through a breakthrough deal with AT&T. You choose the amount of data per month you want to buy — 250MB or unlimited. If you choose the 250MB plan, you’ll receive onscreen messages as you get close to your monthly...
"Digital files are not the same as real books, and cost a lot less to produce and distribute, they need to have a different strategy." ...the only place you clearly save money is in printing and shipping. the text itself still has to be edited (multiple times) - you could argue that they need to edit it just the same but for a printed book, but it's suprising how much ebook publishing costs. I saw a piece from an author who broke down the cost.. you only "save" about...
if you find iphoto's touch up features lacking, you might want to give pixelmator a try. there's a free trial, and if you like it.. it's $60 bucks.. I think I got my copy as part of a macheist (or similar) bundle... it's NOT photoshop so you'll want to keep that around for heavy lifting if you're not sure about A3, hold off until the reviews come.. i'm sure there will be plenty in the coming weeks.
the iphone blew people away because it was totally new (the top selling phone in 2007, prior to iphone was a RAZR). people see the ipad and say meh, "it's been done before"... so the wow factor is not the same because the mechanics are the same. BUT... pay attention to the demos at the keynote, and ignore everything but the chrome. there are new UI elements introduced, and new interaction paradigms that are hard to appreciate unless you actually use it (NOT that i've used...
is there a name for that.. like Indian Screwdriver (OJ and Vodka?)
ugh. vodka would curdle the dairy.
"Cosmetically, the iPhone in the photo appears without its iconic aluminum bezel. Instead, the device is surrounded by a black plastic of aluminum material. Either that, or the handset is wrapped 80 percent of the way in a rubberized protective holder like the iPad prototype it rests on top of, though the quality of the image leaves this assertion to considerable debate." ..so apple managed to develop a new material for the case? "black plastic of aluminum" yeah,...
why would Apple have a presence at any show when the press will come to them and they have showrooms (stores) all over the country? trade shows are incredibly expensive.. the elaborate booths can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and build, plus you have to pay for your space on the floor, never mind the cost of shipping all your goods/people/and booth to the destination. the press fawns over apple every time they're on the verge of announcing...
apple doesn't care if you mess with it, they just want to know when they're _NOT_ obligated to fix it if you screw up. FTA Unauthorized tampering with an electronic device can destroy it, and without evidence of such tampering, a manufacturer may be obligated to support its warranty. Apple's technology, the company said, could save manufacturers "substantial costs." apple's not the first to do this either - i have some electronics that have "warranty void if broken"...