or Connect

Posts by milkmage

"Cosmetically, the iPhone in the photo appears without its iconic aluminum bezel. Instead, the device is surrounded by a black plastic of aluminum material. Either that, or the handset is wrapped 80 percent of the way in a rubberized protective holder like the iPad prototype it rests on top of, though the quality of the image leaves this assertion to considerable debate." ..so apple managed to develop a new material for the case? "black plastic of aluminum" yeah,...
why would Apple have a presence at any show when the press will come to them and they have showrooms (stores) all over the country? trade shows are incredibly expensive.. the elaborate booths can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and build, plus you have to pay for your space on the floor, never mind the cost of shipping all your goods/people/and booth to the destination. the press fawns over apple every time they're on the verge of announcing...
apple doesn't care if you mess with it, they just want to know when they're _NOT_ obligated to fix it if you screw up. FTA Unauthorized tampering with an electronic device can destroy it, and without evidence of such tampering, a manufacturer may be obligated to support its warranty. Apple's technology, the company said, could save manufacturers "substantial costs." apple's not the first to do this either - i have some electronics that have "warranty void if broken"...
wow. judging technology (new distribution medium) based on the CONTENT.. thats nice. so you stopped going to movies because you saw a bad one once?
i got a chance to play with a friend's Droid yesterday, and I really hadn't realized how bad it is on ATT until we did a side by side comparison. not sure if Verizon's network is that much better, or if they're not as saturated as ATT, but ATT is embarassingly slow compared to V.
"Christmas" is offensive to a lot of people in this World. I dare you to say "Merry Christmas" to a Muslim. Jews aren't real big on the Christmas thing either. My company doesn't have a Christmas party, we have a Holiday party. Yeah, it's political correctness to the extreme, but why run the risk of offending anyone? if you search for Christmas @ amazon or walmart you'll see the only hits you get are for goods (like music) with Christmas in the title.
...um. put it back on the shelf? BTO orders are not supported, so what's the big deal? if you have it shipped you need to be around to sign for it (waste of a day). If you opt to pre-sign for anything over $100 bucks, you're a fool. it's much more convenient if you can just do a drive by and pick things up on your schedule, not UPS's or FedEx's. Apple stores are crowded enough, they're absolute hell during the holidays. I'll bet they're going to have a couple folks at the...
eink doesn't use power unless it's redrawing the screen - LCD's always draw power, so when you're staring at eink for hours on end, you're using almost no juice, but LCD is a constant drain. constant drain is not as good a not using power. why should there be an actual study that says eink is better (less stressful) than LCD. Speaking from personal experience (and that's all I need to know) my eyes start to strain when I'm READING on an LCD. I can work four hours on the...
you can share the library from one mac to another.. which solves problem one and saves the disk space on the other macs (I can't afford to use 50 of the 80GB drive in my laptop for music) problem 2 means iTunes would have to "listen" for updates from the phone, and automatically authenticate. bad. idea. period. killer functions for me would be to be able to 1) sync the playlists (not the content) create one on the remote machine and the local machine, and the new...
I would argue that it does (have to stream) to qualify as cloud based. To me, cloud based means no local storage. Just because you access something over TCP/IP doesn't qualify.