or Connect

Posts by milkmage

biased? how so.. it says "Destroying the application security layer of the iPhone does not itself automatically break PNS, but (when combined with an "unofficial activation" required to use it with unofficial service providers) results in the system having no legitimate certificates to use in performing push notifications. Essentially, if the phone is not properly activated as intended through iTunes, the user's credentials for signing into Apple's PNS messaging servers...
i think you can burn them (maybe not with imovie), you just can't play what you made.
i live and work in SF too, and noticed the same thing. due to work related issues I spent about 8 hours on conference calls this past weekend. didn't drop once. under 2.X firmware i KNOW i would have dropped the call(s) several times. it was so bad, especially in my office, that I would switch to EDGE when I knew I had to be on the phone for a while. i've also noticed better signal on the bus (i have to cross town to get to work) improvements happend to coincide with 3.0...
hey. mine was supposed to arrive on Monday. Got it this AM. Activated almost instantly too. first sync took forever though.
well lookie here....http://www.electronista.com/articles...n.deny.fixing/
why wouldn't they? they're and official reseller. i expect walmart to have them too. you can always call the one closest to you. back on topic. see if your existing insurance will cover you. i'll bet it's tons cheaper to get it added to your homeowners policy or whatever. insurance might be a good idea (esp if you can get theft/loss protection).. my friend lost his 3G and could NOT buy a replacement for less than the unsubsidized cost. so.. @rrod182, do you know if your...
...well, the RIAA hasn't filed suit against MS or Apple because there are bit torrent clients available for those platforms. in other words, in this situation, you can't go after the hardware manufacturer because someone wrote software that violates a patent or copyright. at the most, Apple would get a C and D to remove the offending app (i think there was an unoffical version of Tetris out there for a while, Nintendo went after them for Duck Hunt, and Namco for an...
...not defending anoyone, but that license could have nothing to do with one click. it might have to do with audible content in iTMS. amazon owns audible, no?
for anyone who's asking about IT+ in other countries.. it's supposed to be available in all storeshttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711 "In what countries is iTunes Plus available? iTunes Plus is available in all countries that have an iTunes Store."
DRM free is good. Period. What happens to your collection when the iTunes DRM Authentication servers go offline (like Walmart's did)? I said when because it will happen. Maybe not anytime soon, but it WILL happen. DRM is also what (until now) prevented you from streaming your DRM'd content over the internet (not your LAN), or playing it on a non-Apple device (like a Squeezebox). FYI - I can tell the difference between 128 and 256 kbps with a decent pair of headphones in a...