or Connect

Posts by milkmage

thank you for making my point the indicator is just an APPROXIMATION of actual. battery will read 99% at 99.4 and below. the minute it hits 99.5, is shows 100%.. in reality, there's still some charging to do.
yeah but.. guess what. my ipad will show 100% even after a few minutes of use (screen/network). clearly if the battery was a 100%, the SECOND I turn it on and it draws from the battery, the percentage should drop IMMEDIATELY... so.. that means 1 of 2 things. 1) I have an uber battery which actually holds more than 100% charge.. 2) the percentage indicator is just an estimate of actual charge, so basically I have enough info to know that I'm good to go for a while. (I do...
given the amount of attention Apple gets (good or bad) for EVERYTHING THEY DO.. antennagate, heatgate, wifigate.. there's no way this is a widespread problem.. it's statistically anomalous.
this is not a matter of if. it's a matter when and this http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/n...-battery/18985 makes me think we're going to see unheard of battery life in portables really soon
I just told Siri "I have a stomach ache".. and it said it doesn't know what I mean. if it doesn't answer when asked in engrish...
Mine left HK - presumably on the way to AK where it enters customs. Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong\t 03/12/2012\t 8:35 P.M.\tDeparture Scan Shenzhen, China\t 03/10/2012\t 1:30 P.M.\tDeparture Scan Shenzhen, China\t 03/09/2012\t 6:23 P.M.\tOrigin Scan China\t 03/10/2012\t 5:01 P.M.\tOrder Processed: Ready for UPS
I predict more retina ipads sold than all previous gens combined. I don't think an average of ~2M per country is unreasonable. 25 countries NEXT week.. 8 or so this week.
had these kinds of deals usually with clothing manufacturers.. think Polo section in Macys/Bloomies/Nortstrom
looks like a Bank.
they opened it because SXSW was on the same time ipad2 went on sale. they were catering to the South By nerds.