or Connect

Posts by milkmage

according to the Jobs bio, they also tooled a factory in China to make the glass panels for the NYC store, and I assume that factory also has the contract for the glass to be used in the new HQ. huge panels, none of them flat, all glass exterior. with all that cash in the bank it makes a hell of a lot of sense to "reinvest" in manufacturing. exclusive contract for all output (and deny other companies at the same time) did Apple buy all the CNC machines available to...
back can be replaced/reused.. here's the link to swap the battery yourself.http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...lacement/774/1
but they tell you in that letter (i got one too) that if it's engraved, that will not be preserved... i figure if they're just swapping the battery out, they could send the same back to you. but 6 week turnaround is too long if they were just going to send a refurb of another model.
design is a combination of form and function. when the dud is released, it's going to be because of function, not form. IMO, good design disappears (to the user). you can appreciate the aesthetics of something when it's sitting on the table, but once you pick it up, aesthetics give way to mechanics. an ipod classic could look just as nice whether ou use the click wheel or d-pad, but USABILITY goes to the toilet if you have to tap to navigate the interface vs. scrolling...
I was thinking the same, but I don't think the family is legally relevant.. Sony is working with the author... then again, maybe (HOPEFULLY) the family has some leverage over Isaacson and they can proxy their wishes through him.still.. this piece made me sick. it's barely been 48 hours.
upper right hand corner shows a green sticker with Chinese writing.
ipad form factor, MBA capabilities (SSD, more RAM, retina display, access to the file system, i/o ports, video out, hybrid OS so you can run iOS apps and mac apps, retina display..a "true" touch based laptop?
what really bugs me about it is when you go back to the app store, you lose your place (if you were looking at, say, page 5 of some section), or you are on apps 50-75 of the "top" sections.
*raises hand*
buying a home made copy of Lion or Windows is clearly illegal, but is selling registration? if you are registered, you are entitled to use it.. what's being sold is NOT the software itself, rather the entitlement. but don't forget.. iOS5 is not paid software.. everyone gets it FREE (when the time comes)... nobody is selling the software, they're selling the right/ability to get/use it. Apple's not calling the cops on anyone, they're just busting them for violating the terms.