or Connect

Posts by milkmage

"no suitable manufacturing infrastructure yet to take full advantage of this alloy technology."   there was no manufacturing infrastructure to make the large seamless panes of glass for the NYC store either.... until apple paid for the tooling to build it (and most likely got exclusive rights to the factory output to build the new campus which also uses huge panes of glass too).   While Corning had the formula for Gorilla Glass.. they weren't making it until Jobs...
" I hope the judge throws this out of court" FTA: "Judge Richard Posner has issued an order upholding some of" He just issued a ruling.. the EXACT opposite of throwing it out of court. The judge found merit in Apple's argument. A case gets thrown out when neither side's arguments hold merit. "no reason for Apple to retaliate other then pride" this is a patent suit - there are VERY LARGE SUMS OF MONEY AT STAKE. this is what can happen when a patent holder is on the winning...
if I owned the FRAND patent on the blue thing, people pay me for using it... Apple's proposing a red thing. Who's going to pay me for the blue thing if everyone has switched to red and Apple licenses red for free. and it's not like "nobody wants it" - "Apple has the support of "most of the European operators", according to the FT."
I have around 150 apps on my phone. a menu with one third of that looks like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 the same can be accomplished in 2 5x5 grids of 25 each.
I don't mind the new UI. If there are apps coming, the old pulldown menus would be really bad (REALLY BAD) the new look lends itself to apps. remember.. 5 years ago, there was no app store... now iOS, and MacOS have a smilar layout - pretty sure Jobs approved the phone, ipad and Launch Pad. this supports the rumors that some kind of Apple TV (set?) was at least being considered http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...pple-tv-298300
thank you for making my point the indicator is just an APPROXIMATION of actual. battery will read 99% at 99.4 and below. the minute it hits 99.5, is shows 100%.. in reality, there's still some charging to do.
yeah but.. guess what. my ipad will show 100% even after a few minutes of use (screen/network). clearly if the battery was a 100%, the SECOND I turn it on and it draws from the battery, the percentage should drop IMMEDIATELY... so.. that means 1 of 2 things. 1) I have an uber battery which actually holds more than 100% charge.. 2) the percentage indicator is just an estimate of actual charge, so basically I have enough info to know that I'm good to go for a while. (I do...
given the amount of attention Apple gets (good or bad) for EVERYTHING THEY DO.. antennagate, heatgate, wifigate.. there's no way this is a widespread problem.. it's statistically anomalous.
this is not a matter of if. it's a matter when and this http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/n...-battery/18985 makes me think we're going to see unheard of battery life in portables really soon
I just told Siri "I have a stomach ache".. and it said it doesn't know what I mean. if it doesn't answer when asked in engrish...