or Connect

Posts by milkmage

look people, let's not forget about a major world event in Japan. we know they're built in China, but I'll bet some components come out of Japan. Even if the Japanese part manufacturers weren't directly impacted (damage to facilities) - the Japanese people are (understandably) preoccupied.. plus the infrastrucutre could be damaged meaning they cant get the parts from the factories to China because of damage to roadways/runways/train tracks. 5 nuclear plants are...
they didn't offer a voucher? you know.. reserve one from the next shipment and front of the line treatment if necessary? i waited in line (a very short line ~10 ppl) for one of the iphones and the activation system died so they gave all of us vouchers.. reserve the size you want and first in line for activation. later that day, I was in and out in about 10 minutes. got to cut about 50 people.
OMG. I have windows in my walls so I can see what's going on outside. Better call my lawyer.
..so you just want to test and NOT sell them on the store? can you clarify this " If you jailbreak, you can get it for free and it feels so much better knowing you are free to develop for your own hardware without one day Apple stopping your license" ... get what for free and what do you mean develop for your own hardware?
"the report claims that the weight of the glass has prompted Apple to reconsider..." i don't understand. something must have been lost in transalation. do they mean "light weight" as in durability (in regards to shattering)?
in one sense you're right... in one sense you're wrong... secure in this context suggests protection against loss due to physical loss. your time machine backup is useless if your house burns down. offiste backup is way better than local. by the same token, your important dead trees are gone if the bank with physical boxes burns. if Apple uses AES-256 for this (the same thing they use for filevault).. I'd say you're safe in terms of physical security (fire or other loss)...
what are the odds of losing your machine(s) and an Enterprise data center at the same moment? strong encryption and geographical diversity are trivial.. getting users to use a good password is the weakest link in the chain.
to meet the President tomorrow.
what's next AI, you going to sit outside Jobs' house to see what you can find out about his leave? we need to know even less about this than the fact that Jobs is taking time off for a while.
music is available from many sources. apps are available from basically 2 places (apple and cydia) - and you didn't have any apps before the appstore (I've been buying music - CDs - for 25 years)