or Connect

Posts by milkmage

this is the first time i've heard of Soniera.. so I can't speak to his qualifications, but I know badastronomer is a really smart dude. and by the way.. this really is waaaaay to much math to be doing to determine whether or not the screen looks good. I don't care what it says on paper.. does it look better than the one I have now? yes or no is all i need to know. I don't necessarily care how or why http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...ne-resolution/ So what does all...
here's the video of the guy taking a baseball bat to an ipad outside best buy on launch day. he dropped it from ~5ft on concrete (corner hit) and the screen didn't crack. i don't know if the glass is different on an ipad, but i know the ipad is a good bit heavier than a phone, so it's going to hit the ground harder.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUppxoJUVgit's glass, it's going to break if you abuse it enough.. until i see a video of the this test, I will assume that this...
the lost me at five... HUNDRED MEGS. is that per issue or are subsequent updates.. "content only"
Android is the MAJORITY? - Apple sold 9M phones last quarter. Android sold a million? there are 80M devices out there running iPhoneOS. Sure, there are tons of things that Flash can do, that HTML5 can't.. but how do you do a mouse over on a device with no mouse or pointer? mouseovers are pretty fundamental UI elements in Flash. ...so if you have to recode to support the latest flash player that somehow knows where your finger is when it's not on the screen.. great, but...
um, so that makes it impossible to tweak the UI in mail.app? see there's a native version of mail client for the mac (comes with OSX) I think they posters were saying it might be nice if the mail.app client adopted the same look/feel.
i was in the second round of WiFi orders. the ones that were supposed to arrive 4/12 (Monday). -destination west coast. 4/8 pickup request sent to fedex picked up 4/9* - AM depart Alaska - 4/10 arrive regional distribution hub 4/11 arrive local distribution hub 4/12 - AM unboxing.. my house - 4/12 afternoon. *note - it missed the pickup on 4/9 and the estimated delivery slipped from 4/12 to 4/14.. but they managed to meet the advertised date anyway. YMMV if you don't live...
hmmm. you know more than they do, so why do you go to a store? I assume the only reason is to get a repair ticket.. in which case you should make an appointment and net deal with the crowds. if you go in there with the I'm smarter than you attitude, you won't get any help - or you'll pay for it. I dropped my 3g and broke the glass.. it was well out of any warranty.. but I was really nice to the genius, even a little self deprecating. he took my phone, replaced the glass.....
well I also know that if I drop a glass it's going to break. does that entitle me to a new one.. or is it my responsibility not to drop it? or perhaps the glass manufacturers should make their glasses drop resistant... I'm sure glass manufacturers are aware that their products will be dropped from time to time, but they take no measures to prevent me from doing so. are you saying that if I "oops" spill a mug of coffee on my keyboard and it dies, I'm entitled to a new one.....
..and it's also the guy who took apple shares from under $20 in 2001 to where it is today: $249.
only because it hasn't been approved by the Israeli equivalent of the FCC. they did the same with the iphone. According to the AP, a resolution to the problem is expected by the time the iPad gets its international launch . In the meantime, 10 iPads have already been confiscated, with the owners given the choice between paying a daily storage fee or shipping the device back home on their own dime.http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,6761715.story "If you operate...