or Connect

Posts by DeanSolecki

If they manage to put touch-id under the glass, your points are moot. I'll grant you that 2 year old children may find it daunting to use a device that lacks a physical home button, but excluding them I don't believe it is too great an evolutionary jump. Android devices have managed to do without it, with arguably a less obvious design language. To dedicate so much of the area on the front of the device to what is for the most part a superfluous hardware fetishism...
The home button WAS essential, when no one was acquainted with touch screen devices. I don't think it is any longer.I swear, Apple fans must be the same people that are keeping us from going to metric. The old way is not BETTER unless it is actually BETTER.
1) I'll grant you that a bezel with a fixed height will have a diminishing percent of the area as the screen size increases, but what I'm saying is that either the bezel isn't fixed, or the bezel is fixed at a height that is negligible. It would seem strange indeed if a 2cm screen had a 2cm (height) bezel. And it would also seem to follow that a larger screen would have an increasingly large bezel until it ceased to be of any use. (starting at 2cm screen size, as you...
I don't think so. The size of the display only matters if you're assuming that you need to account for a "physical button/speaker constant." But that really isn't the case. a circular button can only get so small, but a different shape isn't bound in this sense. Also the speaker/mic can be displaced or minimized.If you account for the possibility that a screen could be 100% of the front surface, all of this is furthermore irrelevant. (A 2cm screen and 2m screen are...
Cook pretty much promised a larger screen iphone with higher resolution. And it's probably on deck.
This was pretty much an 0.0.x update that got a special name. It was free, so no cause for complaint.
This would be really great if the radio didn't get the premium treatment from Apple. If you suspect you're going to use an ipad for at least a year (minimum, for the vast majority) and you weren't intending on getting a data plan, you spread the 130 over 12 months and you're looking at 10.83 to occasionally use wireless in moderation. Considering the same model would have the cheapest plan at over 40 bucks/mnth (with cost of radio incl.) it's an interesting proposal for...
Yeah, I was super stoked when I got this email. Card expires in november, anyway, but I'd rather not have to deal with it. Shrug? I doubt it was a lack of effort on adobe's part, but still annoying.
It's doing linear algebra problems, just to entertain itself.
I always enjoy the install/preorder threads. We're all doing the same thing. Looking at our phone/comp, staring at a unitless progress bar, thinking, "Did it move forward? No. A moment ago it was about to strike even with the edge of the apple, but it's still there... unless... unless... why don't I have a protractor, clearly my eyes are drawing that line at 89 degrees... surely there was progress. Only now it looks like it went backwards. So I'm certain my eyes...