or Connect

Posts by DeanSolecki

For 1) I think it was 2 last time, but I'm not really sure.For 2) When I pre-ordered my iP4 I got it around noon the day before launch, but it was in Los Altos, CA, and I think the bay area gets special treatment. I only have the one data point for reference, however.
I also had doubts when I read that article, since breaking the glass isn't the only thing that can happen to it (my iP4 has many a ding and scratch since I decided to go caseless.)It does appear, however, that the bumper is no longer an Apple product.If you do a google search there are many currently-shipping 3rd party options, however (which is what I did after asking about why there has been no talk of cases since the 5 was announced.)Guess Apple is leaving it to inCase...
http://www.cultofmac.com/190499/why-apple-is-killing-off-the-bumper-and-why-you-wont-need-a-case-for-your-iphone-5/
@REC I also went iPhone, iPhone 4, (now) iPhone 5... skipping an increment definitely makes the update feel a little more "revolutionary," and when the 3GS came out I wasn't that impressed (although in hindsight, I think it was because I'd expected each of the "next" iPhones to be as big of a jump as the original iPhone had been over the then-current "smart phones," which as an attitude towards tech was, and still is, incredibly unrealistic.) I can't stop the...
Hey what's the deal with cases, btw? I haven't seen anything about this on the sites... is Apple doing a bumper or something?
Ugh. I remember this. Impatiently waiting for the announcement. Impatiently waiting for pre-order. Impatiently waiting for the Fed-Ex tracking to update. Freaking out for 12 hours while my iPhone is shown on Fed-Ex's website as being in Oakland (Don't kill my iPhone Oakland!) ... Then sitting at home on the arrival day getting excited every time I hear a truck engine... it never ends.
The adapter is 50% more than the cable? Pretty ridiculous. I will probably pick up an extra cable @ 20 bucks (which isn't too outrageous,) but I don't really see the point of these adapters.
@Hill60 I was here, making the same argument that I am now. It IS an industry wide issue, but trying to use that as an "out" for any company that catches heat for it is like saying we shouldn't throw ANY murderer in jail unless we throw EVERY murderer in jail. In a perfect world, sure, all the murderers would be caught, and all the corporations would answer for human rights abuses, but until then I'd say catching the ones you can catch is a better policy than giving...
Child labor (and labor abuses generally) would strike anyone with principles as being an unfortunate reality that should be addressed, by whatever means possible. It's unfortunate that rabid Apple psychopaths try to turn it into a conspiracy theory every time those abuses come to light. (Perhaps somewhere, to a lesser degree, Samsung fans are floating the same tired rhetoric that you see all too often on these forums in defense of human rights abuses.) In this case,...
Yeah, what we really need is for everyone to stop asking questions, stop asking for accountabity, stop caring about things and proceed through life as half-witted slaves to the labor lords that command there every action. That would be just GRAND. Green Peace is far from perfect, but they're about the only counter ballast we have going, and they're a big step up from the terrorists at the Sierra Club. Only a complete fool would think Green Peace were the bad guys, with...