or Connect

Posts by DeanSolecki

Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.
This is Win 64, in case anyone was confused. The OSX DL is .dmg.I had no trouble downloading directly from the download page, which is very easy to find on the site, but here it is if you don't want to type apple.com and click twice.http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
I think it is helpful to think of this in terms of delta, and actual, value. Before, when the new phone came out the old phone dropped a hundred dollars, and you could buy the old tech for a bargain price. Now, the old phone is getting stuffed in a plastic case, and you can buy it for the same bargain price as before. So in terms of delta, Apple has certainly gone backwards. You are getting less value at the "bargain price" than you did before. In terms of ACTUAL...
http://techpinions.com/chrome-is-more-important-to-google-than-android/11575 I like the tone of the above article better, even if it is pretty old. Also, it takes into consideration the fact that we are here in the world of local applications, and the path to a web-based, (or perhaps thin client,) computing paradigm is not entirely certain. We are starting to see hesitant movements in this direction, but they are anything but robust. I think there are monumental issues...
I think the point needs to be made that this isn't a difficult problem to solve, but it is a difficult problem to solve retrospectively. I think a pretty simple API solution could easily do the trick, but this would have to be forced on devs, as in "in order to make your app iOS 7.x compatible, you must support multiple users." But the problem with that is in the role out. What do you do until apps support the API? Have two copies? What do you do after the app...
Although most of that, I would say, is not beyond the abilities of Apple's in-house devs, I think the problem lies entirely with third party apps. Let's say you have the same app installed on both user profiles. You could have the app installed twice, which would be wasteful (but simple,) or you have the much more complicated approach of sharing the app between two users. It isn't impossible to imagine that Apple could develop a layer of abstraction above the resources...
There is precedent that says Apple is willing to put a iGP in a "Pro" and call it a day, but I would be very surprised if the top end MBP was restrained in this way. Unless the rMBP line took a major update, what justification would there be for doing away with the dGPU? I suppose the battery could be expanded to fill the space, although this would seem like a retro-fitting of sorts.I'm in the camp of those that says it's too soon to drop the dGPU. It isn't unthinkable...
Thinking about it for a few minutes... there's no way they'd drop the dGPU. Not yet. But that might be in the cards in the not-so-distant future.
I'm not sure what the implication of this is. It is going to have a GT650m class integrated GPU along with a discrete unit? or... No. No that couldn't be. We won't think of such awful things.
I'm due for some kind of toy, and if this comes out before the iMac sees a refresh (or possibly 15" MBPr... kinda torn still) I might consider it, iff the mini stays at a low res. If the mini goes retina that would sway me in that direction. You may all disagree as much as you like, but I'm not terribly pleased that Apple has started doing refreshes in parallel. If something new were released every few months it would keep Apple on everyone's radar, and each event...