or Connect

Posts by DeanSolecki

Hmm. "Fever" in a story about Asia. Hmm.
Rotating the phone a few degrees will change the degree of the angle that the light from the light source hits the lens at dramatically. Displacing the phone by a few inches will not significantly change the angle unless the focal point and source of light are only a few inches away. This would be really easy to draw: If you draw a triangle and place a pencil on one of the corners, perpendicular to the other two corners, then pick one corner to represent the light...
Wait... are you saying my iPhone 5 isn't a professional DSLR with a 30,000 dollar lens? I want my money back! Or, I suppose, I could take fewer pictures of the sun. Interesting article, though.
My first real use of the new maps app wasn't very impressive. I was looking for a Sports Authority and it found two locations, both of which were no longer in business, and it did not have the locations for the new ones (a friend that was with me found the correct locations on his Lumia.) I will probably be using google maps from now on, although the turn by turn directions will be nice when the data catches up. The features are irrelevant until the data is (something...
They can't afford condos.
I've had mixed results. If you enter something like "coffee shop" it seems ok at bringing up anything that might be relevant, but I don't like that entering an exact name of a business frequently gives you 15 "kind of" similar results, plus the one you wanted (not always, but frequently.) Not sure if Apple has dealt with this any better.
The google maps in iOS 5 were garbage compared to android, anyway. Normally I take a middle line on these issues, but I think Apple made the right move taking this in-house. Not providing native public transit was a poor strategy, and I feel like a lot of users will be put out by this, but the Google maps in iOS 5 were frequently DEAD WRONG and that is worse than no implementation at all. The maps app in any smartphone is a key piece of the user experience, and I think...
I am curious how things are going for the other "second wave" recipients. If you are so inclined, perhaps it would pass the time while waiting for our deliveries if we were to compare timeframes and events. I'll go first to give the general form: I ordered a white 16GB ATT iPhone at 10:20 EST, and I received a 2 weeks/Oct. 5th deliver date. It switched from "processed" to "preparing shipment" on the 20th. It jumped to shipped on the 21st, and I got a tracking number...
Ugh. Download got half way and then failed. At a coffee shop, and I suspect the internet here is overburdened. Attempt number 2, here we go.
I'm fairly sure Apple will not fail to deliver by the projected dates (that is the one thing everyone seems to agree that Tim Cook is good at,) but I am starting to wonder if they are going to be rather precise, with very little welcome surprises. I got the Oct. 5th date, and it is yet to ship. I suppose it could be a week early (and I am seriously hoping it will be,) but I'm starting to come to the realization that... sigh... the "ships in two weeks" might have been...