or Connect

Posts by DeanSolecki

I think the problem here is that an iPad Mini would be a better product for women, or at least women who carry purses (and there aren't many women on these forums, so it seems like no one would want it.) Men don't tend to carry bags smaller than what would comfortably house an 11" Macbook air or standard iPad, so it doesn't seem to have much utility. Too big for your pocket, and other devices fit in any bag that you might own. If you had a purse, on the other hand, you...
Some that have had "preparing for shipment" on the apple website have actually already had their orders shipped.Check the UPS site: (directions courtesy of Psirix, in another thread.)"No email yet from Apple for me but if yours has shipped go to Ups.com and under "Track by Reference" and fill out date, your zip. Under "Shipment Reference" put in your phone number you have you attached to your Apple Store account. I checked mine and it shipped! Has the same arrival info,...
Have you checked the order status on the Apple website and tried to track by reference on the UPS site?If it hasn't shipped from China yet you probably aren't getting it friday. If the order status at Apple says "processing order" that would be another indication that you missed the cut.Of course, that shouldn't stop you from hoping.
Pointing out the ridiculous position taken by some of you has no bearing on my opinion of the Apple user in the main. I would guess that MOST Apple enthusiasts don't feel like they're "under attack" from the media, or anyone else, and could look at someone's argument, vitriolic or not, and consider whether or not it was valid, rather than whether or not it hurt their oddly vulnerable sense of self worth.I guess having the slightest dignity is an affront to those...
I preordered one, and am excited to get it, but I think he does make something of a point, and it certainly isn't that the iPhone 5 would be a flop. I guess an observance of reality is asking too much.That the iPhone has remained relatively stable as a platform/design is not a vitriolic statement. Whether or not you deem it justifiable to expect sweeping changes is another matter, and one that could be addressed in a tone not befitting a 5 year old (I don't mean to imply...
Where exactly in this article does he say the iPhone 5 won't sell? For that matter, where has anyone said that? Tilting at windmills, aren't we? The AI forum goer has a strange fetish with making up (absurd) arguments for detractors that don't exist, and then gloating over how the obvious outcome has come to fruition.Congrats, boys! You've managed to make Apple users look ridiculous, once again.
My guess is Apple left some wiggle room in their estimates, telling a lot of people they would get it later than was likely, but I think I'm far enough back on the que that the Oct 5th delivery date could potentially stand. Guess we'll see.
Ugh. I'm "two weeks/Oct. 5" and ordered at 7:20 PST, 10:20 EST. I hate you guys. Still hoping it'll ship before then, but not expecting launch day. 16GB white, AT&T
I have noted the "I don't like the design" comments, but I think people are more inclined to dislike "different" at first glance. I've always liked the glass sandwich look, but being able to skip the case... if you're feeling daring... is a welcome prospect.I half-wonder if Apple didn't drop the bumpers to send the message that the case isn't necessary for this phone, like it was for 4 and 4S.I think it looks up to par even in the pictures, but I agree, not least of what...
The Brits see in all shades of gray, as well as having a Super-American sense for sarcasm. Truth be told, I've seen Top Gear, and it makes me doubt there's an Epicurean Garden on that foggy little rock.