or Connect

Posts by fuzz_ball

The fatal flaw with this whole model is that it assumes: a) you will only ever use Safari to access those websites you use logins for b) you will never be in a situation where you need to access one of those sites from a non-Apple-based OS. I can see it now: people start generating impossible to remember passwords because they don't have to remember them, iCloud keychain does that for them. Then they are out of town and they lose their iPhone/iPad and need to log in...
What I want to know about the fingerprint censor is did they implement it as an either/or security feature or if it supports 2-factor security: thumbprint + code? If it is Either thumbprint OR Code, then it's a total "meh" cause then all I need to do is fall asleep around my friends and they're in my phone posting crap on my FB as if it were me. I mean I'm sure they have it setup to do print or code, but I will only be excited if I can set it up to be print AND code.
No notice is necessary. Everyone knows you jailbreak at your own risk. You can't go whine because you've cracked something not intended to be cracked, then can't run something that was never designed to run on a cracked device.
I'm tired of companies trying to get off when caught by claiming they have "deleted the information from its servers" because I bet dollars to donuts ALL that information is still contained in every single database backup they've made, and when those backups get restored or reused to populate a bid-data server for analysis, all that data that they have "deleted" is right there.
Anyone remember the Cube? Hopefully they don't saddle this with a ridiculous price like they did to the cube (RIP). Price for design is not what pros want: they want power. If they premium charge this because of their aesthetic design they are going to see poor sales-through indeed.
While I think this is a great idea, an even better idea is to offer the same to EXISTING software engineers that are new to the Mac/iOS platform. Why only go after young and no-experience when there is a wealth of experience available to pull over to the Apple side? I know windows/android/*nix developers that got established before iOS existed (and when there was a dearth of work on the Mac side) and haven't had the incentive to jump in the Apple pool. Think different....
It's been a while since I've posted here, and yes, before posting this I tried some regular tricks that I know many will suggest, but first let me sum up my problem:   My iMac is just way too slow these days. I'm not talking about the processor can't keep up with current games, I'm talking it is slower now using the same software that I've been using since I've owned it. I have 8gb memory and I only ever have a handful (Safari/Mail always, plus a couple other apps)...
It's not just iPhone5. Ever since the iOS6 update I've had this weird keyboard problem happen randomly on my 4S. Suddenly it will flicker (kind of like the video) but then some random key will "pop-up" (like when you press it) even though it wasn't pressed and it will repeatedly pop-up for a second as if I had rapidly tapped it 5 times in a row. It's typically a key I haven't even touched. Interestingly, the OS does not behave as if the key has been tapped. For instance...
Not a direct comment on the actual legal complaint (in terms of how they worded it) but more on the spirit of the complaint.   1) The commercial push of the 4S based on Siri is not "beta". They are not pitching their advertisements as "we would really like Siri to be able to do all these things, and sometimes some of them work, but don't buy the 4S based on any of these ads".   2) Predicated on 1 above; most of the things I've tried with Siri that I've seen...
Normally I wouldn't resort to the childish response, but hey, it seems more than appropriate. I say that until the Chinese government takes their knock-off, piracy, IP-theft seriously, then their companies should be ignored when they make the kinds of complaints that foreign companies have been making for years about China. They can't let their homegrown companies rip everyone else off then suddenly find religion when one of their own companies feels it's IP/trademark/etc...