or Connect

Posts by Sport73

Changing it is simple. Reverse the equation. Your Cable box plugs into Apple TV, so does your XBox, you see APPLE's Siri-driven interface and it issues commands to your devices like a Harmony remote. Apple will turn the cable box into a dumb Hard-Drive and Content Pipe and control the interface and experience in the last mile - on the display. They can then slowly push the cable companies out with easier content availability via iTunes.
Nice design, as long as you're not thinking like an industrial designer of a consumer product. One of the first concerns about the iPhone was whether it would be rugged enough to endure typical cellphone abuse. For the most part, it is, but if this mockup were the iPhone that would not be the case.Glass straight to the edge would have insufficient structural rigidity to keep the glass from 'flexing' and then breaking. Likewise, the lack of a bezel means you can't recess...
The original ad is much more informative; this fake production doesn't do it for me. http://www.apple.com/ipad/#video
That is correct. The iPad will connect and sync just like another 'iPhone' to your library; you'll select which items to sync out of your library of apps, music etc. No re-downloading - UNLESS - there is a full-size iPad version available. I expect apps will be 'bundled' to support both the iPhone/iPad in one file. This will increase app sizes, but reduce confusion by allowing you to buy once and run anywhere in a manner that takes advantage of each respective device.
The criticism of the iPad is ridiculous. Everyone' been clamoring for an Apple Tablet, now they have it and they can only complain??? News Flash, a TABLET, by nature, was likely to be a mid-size multi-touch device with no other form of input. That's what we got. News Flash, a bezel is required so you can grip the device without having your thumb over the screen. News Flash, the iPhone OS and app-store are market-proven successes and by their very nature...
The speculation, even this late in the game, is worth it to me because I think the MAGIC of Apple is finding solutions to the ergonomic problems posed by traditional thinking about a tablet. Do they have something surprising to deal with both the INPUT and POSITION issues? It will be fascinating to watch and of great interest to me if anyone is able to predict.
The Tablet, by all accounts and common sense, will be predominately a CONSUMPTION device rather than a CREATION device. Distinguished from a full fledged laptop by focusing on consuming the INTERNET, MOVIES, TV, BOOKS, MUSIC, NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES, SOCIAL NETWORKING, etc. Many of the tech journalists are focused on INPUT, and the need for either a really cool on-screen keyboard and/or a bluetooth keyboard option. The former will be part of the OS, but mainly just for...
Rumor has it that the iSlate introduction may be the start of Steve Jobs 'curtain-call' at Apple...What will it mean? Unfortunately, I think these are the 'good old days' (redux, if you were around in the 80's). There is no doubt that Apple can/will continue to succeed (and quite likely over-achieve) following Steve's eventual departure. There is enough 'cultural inertia' to ensure that the products remain among the best in terms of industrial design, user experience,...
I'm using MiddleClick from the link/post I made earlier on a 2009 15"Macbook Pro with Multi-Touch, so 'what you talkin about Willis?' Works great. Simply launch the app (put it in your startup) and you have a menu-bar option for 3finger tap or 3finger click; then go into System Preferences and set Expose to use the middle mouse click.
I've had my Magic Mouse for 3 weeks now and LOVE it; especially with Expose control back thanks to Middle-Click: http://github.com/galonsky/MiddleClick/downloads This simple hack allows you to have the Magic Mouse recognize 3-fingers down on the mouse as a 'middle click' which can then be assigned in Expose preferences to All Windows. Now I have 90% of the functionality I want in a mouse combined with the Magic Mouse's sweet scrolling, sexy exterior, and good...