or Connect

Posts by Jcoz

You misunderstand me, I am talking about people who keep their unlimited plan and pay full price for future upgrades.
And again, they are refusing to subsidize iPhones for customers with unlimited plans, so thats their approach.   Both companies are trying to get people off unlimited plans, one company is not allowing facetime over 3G, one company will however will no longer offer you subsidies on your cell phones....   Essentially if you are an iphone user, Verizon just tacked on 19-25 dollars a month to your bill if you are an unlimited plan customer, if you upgrade every two years,...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the morning hilarity Bro! Verizon is refusing to subsize iPhones for customers with unlimited plans. Oh of course they will still pay for a plan that includes subsidies built in, lol!Yah, do unlike AT&T and their whining about unlimited plans.... Instead they are like "how much is the new iPhone? For you? Bend over and I'll show you...."LOL
Changes to that model will not happen until smartphone saturation is much higher.   They have LTE networks to buildout right now, they cannot afford to bring smartphone adoption to a screeching halt right now, which is exactly what would happen if they significantly cut subsidies. And they would probably keep 1/2 the money being paid in subsidies now if that happens. Guarantee that when subsidies are cut it ends up a crappier deal for the consumer. The aren't going to cut...
No its not misleading, its just leaving out alot of information. I didnt case my 4, its got a million little scratches that you would never see with the screen on but are still there and seen when the screen is off. Off hand I would think I could sell mine for $200 but I think when you include the time that took or the cut from a webiste like ebay, you aren't going to be appreciably better off than the $99+"upgrade fee" or whatever. And more importantly, even if I could...
I dont understand the point of this "poll". What is my smartphone worth to me? Its worth what it costs to replace, this particular phone I have in my pocket means nothing more than a brand new one of the same model would be, why the hell would it be "worth" more or less than that to ME? Right now my contract is up and its a 4 so its worth less than the $99 bucks it costs for a new one because this one is almost 2 years old. When I get a new iphone when it comes out later...
Personally I love my Macbook, iPad and iPhone. Only the iPhone has competition worth considering right now IMO. I think that these days sticking with the iPhone doesn't always mean that I'll have the best phone, but its software update support keeps it the clear better value on its own. If the right Nexus came along, it would be something that, being totally honest, would start to tempt me for the first time in 5 years. ICS and now JB are pretty nice offerings and if the...
ALL those? I think you are far from what is the reality of the situation if you really believe there are a large percentage of iPhone users who upgrade every cycle. The VAST majority upgrade only when offered a full subsidy from their carrier.   Thats probably true of all smartphone users really.
Also, your comparison isn't quite apples to apples. How long has it been since apple stopped selling and producing the original iPad? As soon as the iPad 2 was available. By the time iOS 6 releases, it will have been 18 months since apple stopped MAKING them, not at all comparable to if apple discontinued the 3GS the day they release the new iPhone later this year.
Hey if you want to keep it a secret then by all means carry on. From other posts I believe iPhone 4 and Original iPad are on that list, and I suspect all iPhones.But back to these updates, what other manufacturers are you referring to that give free OS updates to 2 years old and older devices?I don't know the reason for not including the iPad in iOS 6, but that doesn't mean it was arbitrary or a travesty, at least IMO. It's not like the machine ceases to function. I'm not...