or Connect

Posts by Bigc

What happened to 400KB floppies and the 8MHz Mac Plus. 25MB HD cost $300.
I'd say Quad is BS, a Dual Core-Dual Processor is more likely and MOSR can say I told you so... nuthin to see here move along...
How was Paris...
That's for sure....
Can't you read, like I say, if they thought it were important Obvioulsy neither Apple nor IBM think it is important and nor do I....
Well maybe apple could pay IBM some money to add some stages and fix the 130nm 970 to get to 3 GHz if they thought it were important...
The way I see it is that Apple doesn't see any reason to spend money to get to 3 GHz which, to me, means they have something better up their sleeve... DC-DP-IMC-SMT here we come (lets hope)...
Apple doesn't make processors...
my vote is for dual-core dual-processor with on-board memory controller. Multi-processors & high bandwidth is the way to go... Even if they get to 3 GHZ, what's next, 3.15 then 3.2 then...etc, waste of time...
seems to me that this 90nm and below thing really bodes well for dual core chips. I can't believe people are bitchin about apple not going to 3GHz, who cares I want dual core dual processors and some damn HD space, period...