or Connect

Posts by EgoAleSum

So you say that after 2 years it is normal for a Mac to lose just about 30% of its value? I'm shocked My car (Audi) is depreciating way faster...
Thank you for your answer... But that site doesn't help me much!I don't know how it calculates prices, but it probably didn't consider the fact that it's 2 years old this April and heavily used (it didn't ask me for the year), that I bought it as a student (and I'm not willing to make arbitrage with a friend ), and that it has the "hi-res" display (which was about 150 € if I recall correctly...).It valued my Mac about 1500 EUR: sounds too much for me.I was hoping I could...
Hello I need a suggestion... I am waiting for the new MacBook Airs (or Pro) to arrive to replace my MacBook Pro, and I found a friend of mine interested in buying it. I don't really know, however, how much I should ask her... Could you please give me any hint? It is a mid-2010 MacBook Pro 15" (MacBookPro6,2) Intel Core i5 2,53GHz and 4GB memory. It is the "standard" model, except that: 1. It has the "hi-res" (1680x1050) screen 2. I ordered it with a 256GB SSD drive (as...
Actually, we are already paying that 5% more.... Apple is applying a 1:1 exchange ratio or almost. So, the basic iPhone 4S, unlocked, costs 659 euros, while it is 649 dollars in the USA. Prices in Italy already include VAT (currently at 21%), so the net price is 545 euros, which are 712 US$ at the moment (also, consider the euro plunged in the last weeks). So, we are paying about 70$ more for the same thing. Ok, selling in Europe could be more expensive also for other...
I'd like to clarify a few things (I'm Italian). First of all, this is an European directive, incorporated in the Italian law. It states that all goods bought by consumers (so, not companies) must have a warranty of 2 years offered by the *seller* (please note: NOT the producer). Apple, by itself, offers an additional 1-year warranty as the producer. As long as you buy Apple products from a 3rd party reseller (an Apple Premium Reseller, for example), you get the 1-year...
I wonder when (if) this will arrive in Italy. Knowing how complicated are copyright laws here (and not only copyright ones...), I doubt It took years to have movies, we still do not have tv series...
Silk is an excellent feature, but I'm not surprised it doesn't give a big advantage over WiFi... However, should Amazon release a 3G version of the Fire... Well, then you will really notice a difference with Silk! The same things happens to BlackBerries. Browsing in 2G (and even in 3G, sometimes) is much faster on BlackBerries than in other phones, thanks to the BIS...
So... Good technology... Nothing more than what RIM did more than ten years ago with their BlackBerry Internet Service...
I did notice that too! And I was like shocked! I had an application in the App Store named "FooBar" (for example). A few months ago I saw that another developer created a similar application, naming it "Foo Bar" (same name, with a space). I immediately contacted Apple and asked them to force the developer to remove the application (or change its name). And so they did... And then I saw this application in the iTunes in the Cloud page! I was terrified Now that you make...
I know what a joint venture is... But I don't understand what this has to do with my post...I was telling an user that I don't think a 100% free and open video format may ever be a good solution!