or Connect

Posts by EgoAleSum

That's not what I meant. HTML5, referring to the *full* standard (
I know there are other operating systems.I know there's Linux, but I also do know that Linux supports H264 (via x264 open source coded). It's just not preinstalled by some distros, but you can find it in the repos of almost any distro. Or you can install it from source. This happens with MP3 too!Idem for BSD.What other open source operating systems are being used then? At least, by end users?
The W3C did NOT even define HTML5! If we had followed the W3C from the beginning, now we would not be discussing about this... We would be enjoying XHTML2 and the fact that every element can become an hyperlink (woooow!!!)...
What systems?
What he meant (and what looks as the most intelligent solution to me as well) is that if a browser can't pay for the license, it should use libraries already available on the operating system where it's installed.As Safari is doing, for example.
This is not a good idea, in my opinion. Research costs, and no one will ever invest millions of dollars in something that may then be used freely by competitors. Imagine you were a pharmaceutic industry, and you just developed a new medicine. You had to spend millions in research (instruments, wages, etc etc). If you don't patent your molecule, someone else is able to use it, without any investment in research, and you loose a lot of money.
This is exactly the argument I was waiting for Actually, this is not necessarily true!I'm reading the license: http://www.mpegla.com/main/programs/...rmsSummary.pdfAs royalties are a sort of "private taxes", in my opinion, their economical effect may be compared to the one generated by excises.Excises are not necessarily paid by the consumer: it depends on the elasticity of the demand. In some cases the full amount of the royalty may be paid by consumers, in others fully...
I'm knocking on wood You're trying to bring bad luck???
This is exactly because of hardware acceleration. H264 is hardware-decoded, at least on modern macbooks. In my 2010 MacBook Pro, the Intel HD integrated video card can decode YouTube's video by itself (even 720p), without having to activate the NVidia discrete card! Miracles of hardware acceleration
You know what's ironic??? Seems like Google actually does NOT pay for bandwidth http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/...ube-bandwidth/