or Connect

Posts by bernard

free ! check out "no-ip.com"works for macs with non static ip's and free domains. very use fullfree service. you have a small app that reports your ip every so often (you set it) and update the DNS, also great for remote access to you home computer.
[quote]Originally posted by Kecksy: You forget to mention that SCSI drives don't have near the capacity of ATA drives. SCSI drives are at what? 75GB? ATA will hit 200GB soon. Nothing about SCSI prevents there from being 200GB SCSI drives, it's just that no one wants to build one. But whou really needs 200GB of disk storage anyway? I don't. 75GB would be plenty for me.
Wrong maxtor makes 150G drives and I think IBM makes bigger...
coping your AIM preference file would sort of give them you password. the could be some pc hack programs for AIM. just my 2ยข. try chaging your password.
SCSI drives last longer? not these dayz slower 5400 rpm drives last longer. a 5400 rpm SCSI drive is a rare thing these days. I have 10,000 RPM western digital that I use only for backups cause it gets so hot I aam afraid to leav it on all the time and its only supported with HD tool kit under mac os and never spins down.
SCSI drives last longer? not these dayz slower 5400 rpm drives last longer. a 5400 rpm SCSI drive is a rare thing these days. I have 10,000 RPM western digital that I use only for backups cause it gets so hot I aam afraid to leav it on all the time and its only supported with HD tool kit under mac os and never spins down.
my biege (you will need a faster drive any modern 20G or better will bax the IDE on a beige 16.6M/per sec.)will do 30FPS 640x480 w/no sound you can add it later without sync problems. best solution would be a DV camera tha can record off analog inputs the export it via fire wire
I got a powerlogix 533 from OWC it runs at 667 but is alittle unstable so I run it at 541 I bet it would do 650. XLR8yourmac.com has a database for this sort of thing what people got and how mush they got out of it.
what mac is it? get another 512M of memory if its a beige or newer OWC about $80(or at least a 256M dimm).make sure you have a fast drive, and a rage 128 or newer vid card for best performance.
what model CD drive is it you might try setting it slave or master move it around from what it is. it should install biege G3 w G4 will have problems when selecting X as a start up disk it wont for me you have to use "system disk" control panel it was part of darwin. will it start up from the X CD with the c key at startup?
I have a 256k if you want it.