or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

So, Apple has a patent or patents that it cannot assert because of potential for damage to the common good. [1] Sounds like innovation would be required to have such an impact, [2] so much for patents then.
Part of the motivation perhaps:   http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26933449   Samesung struggling to find new profit centres.
Message this video conveys regarding fingerprint technology:   iPhone 5S - hands down winner.   Samesung Galaxy 5s - gimmick.
Imagine the response this would generate in the wider community... would make a great piece in The Onion though.
 This could have been posted on any day of the year, April 1 not the only predetermined opportunity.  
My eight year old citizen has never had a battery change and never will. It has a solar cell, watch face that looks elegant and is very, very practical. :-)
Okay, regarding the doors... what if they have a very particular purpose, being to grant very large exhibits access to the display floor, motor vehicles for example. Not vehicles manufactured by Apple but by a close partner and which feature CarPlay (and perhaps other iOS features)? Suppose in some states Apple took up a vehicle dealer's license, the stores would make quite interesting showcases.
  The possible silver lining to this situation is that monopoly laws will likely never be invoked against Apple with such a copycat product line competing. The pervasive situation in my opinion is that of the Apple setting the technological pace with others trailing in its wake lol.
So, samesung had it worked out then, they were right on the money all along... pinch as much of Apple's IP as possible and pay a fee (damages), knowing that an injunction against their products was very unlikely. Just business to them.
 About 18 months ago, my iPhone, which had been on a steady though accelerating trajectory, suddenly moved through a vertical arc of about 270°, coming to a sudden halt. I guess that it could then have called emergency to request an ambulance, which in the end is what I required having been brought down at 50 km/hr by a 4x4 while cycling lol. The iPhone continued to register my trip to the ER,...