or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

I put most of the trolls on my ignore list for health reasons, perhaps you should too, snorting tea doesn't sound healthy. (I kept Tekstud off the list though for his/her entertainment value). There's no point Apple spending one cent unless they are researching a complete package. Apple long ago learned not to dispose itself at the whim of 'partners'. Apple might not develop an autonomous electric vehicle but will be researching one.  
 As for your final point, MEMs mirrors are increasingly popular, might be a match for this application (swapping out optical paths). I'm still bullish on spectrometry in the long run for biological analyses.
Only historically relevant iVan I can recall, was iVan the Terrible, won't be that then! 
 Tim Cook in conversation with Jeff Williams (senior VP, operations): "Hey Jeff, great idea sending one of the vans to Hawaii, press has fallen for the idea that we're only mapping with the thing!"
There is a fundamental flaw in your argument, which is that whereas Apple might not be the master of all fields into which it sells products (although increasingly is ) it is the master of the products it offers. With CarPlay, Apple has practically no control. Integration is at the whim of manufacturers. This would be completely unacceptable to Apple. Apple is up to something bigger than vehicle infotainment systems and will field something over which it has complete...
Thinking about it, this bears an uncanny resemblance to some spectrometry ideas, perhaps a Raman spectrometer in not only the iPhone but smaller still, in an Watch. That would herald a revolution in physiological sensing. Apple has stuff under their collective hood!
A proper zoom lens (yes, you do need moving lenses, it's about conjugation). That would be a very nice enhancement. 
Even if Apple isn't developing an (electric) (autonomous) car, I'm sure that there is research underway. MacObserver however, is convinced:   http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/apple-is-working-on-a-car?utm_content=buffer4684c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=app.net&utm_campaign=buffer   May we all continue to live in interesting times lol.
Funny you should say that... Elon Musk let slip in an interview that he knows of someone working on just that. The remark was genuine.  
...and self-driving cars.