or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

It's done frequently, context decides.
That's what he is doing  Such a bold statement nonetheless.
Yay! Almost can't wait... except that on my deadline I hope to get quite a bit completed before next Monday, so the time can drag, that's okay by me (sigh). 
Have you beheld a Mac Pro 'in the metal'? No one who does thinks again about justifying a purchase (unless one's wife and household budget are involved)! :-)
I was looking at TAG Heuer watches, such as this one: https://shop-au.tagheuer.com/en/calibre-1887-automatic-chronograph-41-mm-car2111-ba0720.html ...which costs $5,850 locally and noted that one prominent feature is the use of a sapphire crystal cover glass. Apple might not be aiming for this market (is most surely not aiming for this market) but I'm becoming convinced that any iWatch will emulate such as these, be packed with sensing technology and as you wrote...
Actually, I looked at this some time ago and just realised that I told only half the story - sorry. Battery capacities to which I was referring were those capable of being recharged solely by a watch face solar panel, such as employed in my lovely Citizen Eco-Drive. With modern battery technology and external charging, I'm sure that at least an order of magnitude improvement in performance would be possible, providing perhaps an acceptable recharging regime. I agree 100%...
As someone who has had 4 operating systems running on a single Mac, I sympathise with your position. I also had Windoze running very successfully on my 12" PowerPC PowerBook (remember those) however and in fact, in what I was using it for which required a USB <----> RS232C dongle, it was 100% reliable. However, perhaps it is time to move on (although I am not necessarily arguing for the move as I do not understand fully the implications). Some benefits might be, a code...
I've looked at power requirements. An M7 chip clocked at even low-frequencies can still be more power hungry than the capacity of batteries in watches today that employ physical (motor driven) movements, by two orders of magnitude. I can't see how a smart watch today could get to within one order of magnitude. I agree, it just seems that we are currently perhaps, an order of magnitude behind the game in battery life and packaging over what we'd like to imagine an iWatch...
 My feeling is that an Apple watch would be barely discernible as a smart watch... more likely (possibly several) (elegant) dress watch designs. The watch would exhibit hands and hour markers and possibly a minute rail, a display watch face that provides limited data display and alerts (set by user preference and current activity) and possibly a dynamic bezel. The overriding interest for Apple however, would be the watch as a super transducer. Apple would pack as much...
So, he's been gone from Apple for a year, how did Apple ever survive the last 12 months?   https://twitter.com/kimon/status/469507190466695168