or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

I hope (and trust) that Apple gets this right because the thought of Google led health monitoring is truly frightening. We could well be living through an historic epoch in the emergence of a new industry.
I feel that Raman spectroscopy looks very promising - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raman_spectroscopy. There is scope for miniaturisation in this technique and a Raman spectrometer can sample tiny volumes, non-invasively, very accurately. Just not sure about detector sensitivity~integration time. One day, Raman spectrometry in miniature form will make a splash. All the best.
If the sensors were in EarPods, the functionality would be enhanced, dramatically in some respects. I believe that one of the biggest drivers of child visits to GPs in the US is ear infection. EarPods could be used to detect this using activated polymers and sense ear pressure to ensure that music isn't played too loudly - a serious concern for young people in a connected age. However, this would be an ancillary system rather than a constantly worn iWatch. Definitely a...
...and in the context of this device, Apple would not, could not, get away with calling some of these sensors. Of course, Apple isn't a party to the conversation, the device might include 5 body condition sensors and the 5 current ones you've listed.
Thanks for your reply. What you have argued is important to what might be possible. Knowledge empowers but often we deliberately avoid knowing. It's amazing to what degree we'll go to ignore developing issues. My brother did, apparently knew for years he might have problems in his large bowel (of which I was unaware) and died of bowel cancer last year. However, education and information push to greater knowledge and the opportunity to make informed decisions. I'm going...
A San Diego aficionado. La Jolla under the 'June Gloom' or even a 'May Grey' are no less wonderful places. :-)
As society in general has bought into the sugar industry enormously since the 1960s, witnessed by epidemic numbers of people who struggle every day with weight control, a device that accurately senses blood glucose levels, combined with education, could do very well. Even devoid of greater functionality, although such would go along, the iWatch could be a hit. The question is whether or not a miniature spectrometer could be built into a chassis. Probably not but the payoff...
Lol, for sure. I'm on a 5 but the contract will be concluded in September. The 3G is in perfect nick, good battery life still (the whole day with my wife's usage) and will be going back into its box as a momento to history (I'd love to have my 512k Mac with its original soft carry bag still).
I'm still using a first generation iPad every day and my wife, an iPhone 3G. No updates to iOS 7 there. Both and more to be replaced soon however.
Apple... class! Shamesung... crass! (What a crass observation... don't care lol)