or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

R&D doesn't just develop products, it develops people. Woz and to some degree, Jobs, got their start in part with the aid of a once great R&D institution, Hewlett Packard. Can't imagine the boost to the human capital that R&D spending by companies like Apple has provided. Go Apple, (and Tesla, SpaceX and the others... well, some of the others lol). 
 Facebook will decide what happens to the data and users will decide what they are prepared to believe. 
Interesting user information... Apple makes a product that doesn't just last physically but that remains relevant. The turnover rate might be affected by this (I'm still on the first generation iPad and use it every day) but new sales are still healthy. Further to this, I very much doubt that Apple is yet through with redefining product categories. In this respect (an aside), little seems to be spoken of in the press about Apple redefining the retail experience, which it...
 In the early 1970's as university students, we made a heart rate monitor using 7400 series TTL logic, 7 segment LED numeral displays and a cloths peg mounted lamp and phototransistor. We'd sit and try to drop our heart rate for bio-feedback fun. The lamp (a tiny incandescent bulb) shone through a hole in the peg to illuminate the phototransistor through a finger to which the assembly was clamped and sensed blood density changes at each heartbeat. Even discussing...
A supercomputer that happens to be a mobile phone. :-)
 A brilliant concept, hopefully equalled in the execution. However, I agree with each of your sentiments. Function should take precedence to form. However, I haven't held a unit and so cannot comment with authority.
This might be a simpler explanation. Also, an iWatch would almost certainly not be a 'bangle' (as depicted in various linked renderings) as it would require quite intimate contact with the skin for some of the possible sensing modes to function properly, contact that a watch strap or band would facilitate.
 I wonder whether an iWatch will be more an 'intelligent' (whatever that is) super-transducer, a device to interrogate the body but hands off the processing to a nearby iPhone, you know, that 64 bit supercomputer. :-) If so, the iWatch can be created as a dress watch (the Swiss connection, even an Angela Ahrendts connection?) in various designs but include the sensing and communications capability required only.
This is what really gets to me about A.I. today, the discussion begins about some technology relevant to the Mac or iOS and within a few posts is subverted by some stupid comment about an inferior competing platform or technology, which then becomes the focus of discussion. For this poster, go buy your two USB3 drives, we don't care less, got it. (Invoking the LaCie name is dickie too.)
Interesting contrast between the displays in the first two images, the first is clean and sharp, Apple's CarPlay, the second looks like a throwback to some long discarded sensibility or a modern Android version. Am I correct in assuming the second is Pioneers landing screen? Perhaps Apple could introduce a similar unit with cell connectivity built in, akin to a ruggedised iPad Mini.