or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

You know, in respect of hardware, the phone probably could have been released earlier. This release though is as much about iOS 5 as the phone and so, it was quite possibly software maturity that has led to this release date. Who knows what other factors might have influenced this release, such as battery technology. My understanding is that Apple invests quite heavily in battery research. The new phone is faster (which with CMOS technology equates linearly with power...
The only 'panic' here is in the posts of Amazoids and possibly fandroids who are desperate for something (anything) that can put Apple in its place! Fine - no one cares! Post your android market share statistics, price point arguments, form factor arguments and 'echo-system' arguments. We've read them all and the pervading theme is simply a tirade against the iPad. Gone are the arguments about the iPad not being a computer and about Apple's walled garden. Consider...
Glad you asked! True mobility and functionality combined. I cycle to meetings and teaching assignments etc. The reduced mass over my 15" MBP is significant in this respect. I can present information and lectures from the iPad quite happily.This just highlights our differing requirements - your uses and mine are equally valid. I have all of my papers, other documents and data visualisation images and videos on my iPad. I record data to it, use it as a calculator (with...
...and I use my first generation iPad every day, making it one of the most useful tools that I have ever owned. Don't need iOS 5 for that.
This has been my experience with dual-disk Lacie drives.
Actually, one of Numbers' strengths I believe, at least under iOS, is the handling of dates/time. Very nice. I use Numbers on the iPad quite happily for certain number entry functions, where inputs are mixed date, time and numeric data.
For me, the biggest failing in Numbers is its very poor data parsing facility, which is almost non-existent. I open Excel only to parse data, even at the least complex level. All the same, I use Mathematica almost exclusively and so, am not too fussed.
Of course, there is always this caveat: 'As CNET points out, a hacker could only take advantage of the known bug if he or she has local access to the computer and Directory Service access.' Mmmm... better to be aware of ones security environment and take appropriate measures.
This might not answer your question, however, there is at least an ability to manipulate CMYK space when exporting to PDF. I recently had an A0 document printed and was actually surprised at how closely the output matched my expectations. Producing these documents is only incidental to my work though and so, partial capabilities in Pages are acceptable. For me, the biggest advance to Pages came once tighter integration was achieved with EndNote, a big plus. All the best.
I agree strongly with your sentiments. I too use Pages every day, even producing large display documents in Pages where I would previously have used Illustrator. I hope that Apple gives the iWork suite top priority.